The Naval Dockyard Mumbai invites applications from ITI qualified candidates (male/ female) in various designated trades for enrollment into Apprenticeship training at Dockyard Apprentice School under Apprentice Act-1961 read in conjunction with\ Apprenticeship Rules 1992. A total of 315 vacancies as per distribution shown below are to be filled up:-
ONE YEAR TRAINING
S.L APPRENTICESHIP VACANCIES ELIGIBLE ITI TRADE
a Machinist 15 Machinist
b Instrument Mechanic 10 Instrument Mechanic
c Fitter 40 Fitter
d Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance 10 Mechanic Machine Tool e Ref. & AC Mechanic. 10 Ref. & AC Mechanic
f Electro-plater 10 Electro-plater
g Welder (Gas & Elect) 15 Welder Gas & Electric
h Painter (General) 10 Painter (General)
i Mason (BC) 15 Mason (BC)
j Tailor 15 Cutting & sewing
k Pattern Maker 10 Pattern Maker
2. Reservation of Vacancies:
(a) SC/ST and OBC : Vacancies for SC/ST and OBC candidates are reserved in accordance with Section 3A (1) & (2) and Section 3B (1) & (2) both of Chapter II of Apprentices Act-1961 read with Schedule II A of Rule 5 of Apprenticeship Rules 1992 and Para 4 of Maharashtra State Gazette Notification Part IV dated 22 Jan 2004.
(b) For Physically Handicapped: 3% of vacancies for Apprenticeship training are reserved vied DGET Letter No. DGET-46(24)/AP dated 23 Jul 1981 and Section 3.6.2 chapter III of Apprenticeship Training Manual.
(c) For Armed Forces: 3% reservation for children of Armed Forces Personnel (serving/ deceased/ disabled) and ex-servicemen vide DGET Letter No. DGET-23(2)/87-AP dated 26 Mar 87 and section 3.6.3 chapter III of Apprenticeship Training Manual.
3. Eligibility Criteria:
(a) Qualifications : Metric/Std X with a minimum of 50 % marks & ITI Examination (Provisional National Trade Certificate acceptable) in relevant Trade with aggregate of 65% marks.
(b) Age: Born between 01 April 1996 to 31 Mar 2003. Upper age is relax able by five years for SC/ST candidates as per MOD Letter No. FM/0442/NHQ/1278 D(N-ll) Dated 14 Nov 1996.
(c) Minimum Physical Standards: Height 150 Cm, Weight 45 Kg, Chest expansion 5 cms. Eye sight 6/6 to 6/9, Ears clear of wax, external & internal organs to be normal. Physical standards is as per Apprentices Act 1961 read in conjunction with Para 4 of Apprenticeship Rules 1992 regarding standard of physical fitness.
(d) Previous Training: Candidates who have already undergone or are currently undergoing Apprenticeship under Apprentice Act – 1961 in any Govt./Public Sector/Private Industrial organisation are not eligible.
4. Stipend: Monthly Stipend as per prescribed rates will be paid as per extant government rules and regulations.
5. Selection procedure : Preliminary selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained in Matric & ITI Examination. Candidates in the Preliminary Merit list will be called for written test to be held at Mumbai in the last week of Dec 2016. Candidates placed in the merit list on the basis of marks obtained in written examination, will be called for Interview/Medical Examination in Feb 2017.
6. Commencement of Training. 03 Apr 2017
7. Travel/Expenses: No travel expenses are admissible for candidates called for written Examination.
8. Boarding/Lodging: Candidates called for written /interview/ Medical examinations are to arrange their own boarding and lodging. No Accommodation will be provided to candidate by the Naval Dockyard during the entire selection Process
.9. Applications: To be forwarded as per format given below, by ordinary Post ONLY and addressed only to PO Box No. 10035 GPO, Mumbai-400001 so as to reach latest by 14 Oct 16.
APPLICATIONS SENT BY REGISTERED POST OR SPEED POST WILL BE REJECTED. The application should be accompanied by;
(a) Passport Size Candidate Photos (05 Copies)
(b) Attested copy of SSC/Matriculation Marks Sheet and proof of date of birth
(c) Attested copy of ITI Marks Sheet
(d) Attested copy of Community Certificate (for SC/ST/OBC only)
(e) Attested copy of Certificate of Physical Disability (if applicable)
(f) Certificate, if son / daughter of Armed Forces Personnel / Ex-Servicemen (as applicable).
(g) Certificate, if son / daughter of Defence Civilian/ Dockyard Employees (as applicable).
(h) Copy of Character certificate signed by Gazetted Officer.
(j) Attested copy of PAN and Aadhar Card of candidate (Compulsory)
10. Employment: As per Apprentice Act-1961, it shall, not be obligatory for Naval- Dockyard, Mumbai to employ Apprentices on completion of the training. Recruitment is undertaken as per Recruitment Rules promulgated by the Govt. of India.
11. Incomplete/ erroneous applications will be rejected: Applications received after due date and incomplete applications will be rejected and no further correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
12. Medical Examination: Candidates who get selected in the interview would need to undergo medical examination at Naval Dockyard Dispensary Mumbai.
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS TO BE SENT BY ORDINARY POST