AADHAAR Card Changes via Post – Name, Address, Phone, Gender, Date of Birth :
You can also submit AADHAAR card change request online here: AADHAAR Card Changes Online – Name, Address, Phone, Gender, Date Of Birth. To apply for change request through post, download the update/correction form here: AADHAAR card Update/Correction Form. Fill in the complete AADHAAR card update/correction form and sign off. Maximum 4 AADHAAR Card change requests are allowed.
You can change the following data in your AADHAAR card, by sending the change request application through post:
- Mobile Phone Number
- Date Of Birth
For any other AADHAAR Card change requests, please visit any nearby AADHAAR card enrollment / update center. To contact nearby AADHAAR card center click here:
- Depending upon the AADHAAR card change request, a self attested supporting document will need to be sent, along with the completed update/correction form.
- To change Name in AADAAR card a Proof of Identity document is required.
- To change Address in AADAAR card a Proof of Address document is required.
- To change Date of Birth in AADAAR card a Proof of Date of Birth document is required.
- Clearly write your AADHAAR number on all document copies. Your name must be clearly written below the signatures/thumbprint when self attesting the documents. For children below five years, parent/guardian can fill and sign/provide thumbprint in the AADHAAR Card change request form and supporting document copies. For the list of accepted documents to apply for AADHAAR card changes AADHAAR Card Documents Required for Changes.
You will be required to submit the AADHAAR card change request in English as well as your local language (except numeric values such as Date of Birth, which will need to be entered only in English). Put the completed AADHAAR card change request form along with the supporting documents in an envelope and on top of the envelope write “Aadhaar Update/Correction”. Send the envelope to one of the AADHAAR card update/correction address given below. Your AADHAAR card change request information will be verified by UIDAI representative and upon successful validation, the changes will be reflected in your AADHAAR card and the same will be communicated to you.
Instructions to follow while filling up the AADHAAR DATA UPDATE FORM
Full Name : Write full name without salutations/titles. Please bring the original* Proof of Identity (POI) document. (See list A below). Variation in Resident’s Name in contrast to POI is permissible as long as the change is minor spelling only, without altering the Name in POI document. For Example: If Resident’s POI reads “Preeti”, then “Priti” can be recorded if Resident wants so.
Date of Birth / AGE : Fill in Date of Birth in DDMMYYYY format. If exact Date of Birth is not known, approximate age in Years may be filled in the space provided. Please bring the original Proof of Date of Birth (DoB), if available.(See list D below). Declared checkbox may be selected if Resident does not have a valid proof of Date of Birth document. Verified checkbox is selected where Resident has provided documents as proof of Date of birth.
Address : Write complete address including Pin code. Please bring the original Proof of Address (POA) document. (See list B below). Please note that the Aadhaar letter will be delivered at the given address only.
To include Parent / Guardian / Spouse name as part of the address, select the appropriate box and enter the name of the person.
Minor Corrections / Enhancements are permissible to make the address complete without altering the base address as mentioned in the POA document.
Relationship : In case of children below 5 years, it is mandatory to provide father/mother/guardian details with their Aadhaar or EID number.
If the resident is not holding a Proof of Identity & using the Head of the Family identity for enrolment, it is mandatory to provide Head of the family’s details with his/her Aadhaar or EID number. Please refer illustration below for filling EID. Please bring the original Proof of Relationship
(POR) document. (See list C below).
For other cases, it is optional for the resident to fill up the relationship details.
Consent : Resident may specifically express willingness / unwillingness by selecting the relevant box.
Bank Account : Resident may choose to open a new Aadhaar enabled bank / POSB account or can link existing bank account to Aadhaar number. Relevant details as requested may be provided. This is an optional field.
Documents : Write the name of Documents for PoI and PoA. In case proof of Date of Birth is available, then write the name of Date of Birth document. If the resident is not holding a Proof of Identity & using the Head of Family based enrollment, then write the name of Proof of Relationship document. For Valid list of documents, please refer list of Documents below.
Introducer/HoF : Resident who does not have POI and POA may get enrolled through an Introducer/ Head of Family. Pl contact nearest enrollment centre or your Registrar, for further details.
*In instances where original documents are not available, copies attested / certified by a public notary / gazetted officer will be accepted.
List A. POI Documents
2. PAN Card
3. Ration/ PDS Photo Card
4. Voter ID
5. Driving License
6. Government Photo ID Cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
7. NREGS Job Card
8. Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution
9. Arms License
10. Photo Bank ATM Card
11. Photo Credit Card
12. Pensioner Photo Card
13. Freedom Fighter Photo Card
14. Kissan Photo Passbook
15. CGHS / ECHS Photo Card
16. Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts
17. Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
18. Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
19. *Marriage Certificate
20. *Proof of Marriage document issued by the Registrar
21. *Gazette Notification
22. *Legal Name Change Certificate.
(*For above documents, where original document does not have photo, the photocopy/scan of the documents must be taken along with the Resident’s photo)
List B. POA Documents
2. Bank Statement/ Passbook
3. Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
4. Ration Card
5. Voter ID
6. Driving License
7. Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
8. Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
9. Water bill (not older than 3 months)
10. Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
11. Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
12. Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
13. Insurance Policy
14. Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
15. Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
16. Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
17. NREGS Job Card
18. Arms License
19. Pensioner Card
20. Freedom Fighter Card
21. Kissan Passbook
22. CGHS / ECHS Card
23. Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
24. Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
25. Income Tax Assessment Order
26. Vehicle Registration Certificate
27. Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
28. Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
29. Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued
by State Govt.
30. Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificat issued by the respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
31. Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
32. Passport of Spouse
33. Passport of Parents(in case of Minor)
List C. POR Documents
1. PDS Card
2. MNREGA Job Card
3. CGHS/State Government/ECHS/ESIC Medical card
4. Pension Card
5. Army Canteen Card
7. Birth Certificate issued by Registrar of Birth, Municipal
Corporation and other notified local government bodies like Taluk, Tehsil etc.
8. Any other Central/State government issued family entitlement document.
List D. DOB Documents
1. Birth Certificate
2. SSLC Book/Certificate
4. Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Gazetted Officer on Letterhead
For More Information About AADHAAR Card Changes: Click here