The University of Delhi is the premier university of the country and is known for its high standards in teaching and research and attracts eminent scholars to its faculty. It was established in 1922 as a unitary, teaching and residential university by an Act of the then Central Legislative Assembly. The President of India is the Visitor, the Vice President is the Chancellor and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India is the Pro-Chancellor of the University.
Ever since its inception, a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and research has made the University of Delhi a role-model and path-setter for other universities in the country. Its rich academic tradition has always attracted the most talented students who later on went on to make important contributions to their society.
DU LLB Entrance Exam 2017 :
Entrance Exam is organized by the Faculty of Law, Delhi University. It is a university level entrance test which is held to get admission into three-year law programme i.e. LLB programme. This exam will be conducted in the first week of June 2017 through offline mode. Candidates check this article to know about DU LLB Entrance Exam 2017 including application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, etc.
Entrance Exam 2017 Application Form :
Candidates would get the DU LLB Entrance Exam Application Form 2017 through online mode. Candidates can fill the application form from the fourth week of April 2017. Last date to fill the application form will be the last week of May 2017.
Application Fee : Candidates have to pay Rs. 500 (for unreserved/OBC category) & Rs. 250 (For SC/ST/PwD category). The fee can be paid via online or offline mode.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Candidates have to complete the graduation degree in any discipline.
- Candidates have to secure minimum 50% marks (for general), 45% marks (for OBC) & 40% marks (for SC/ST).
- There is 5% relaxation in the qualifying marks for widows/wards of ex-servicemen/serving personal (CW) & Physically Handicapped (PH).
Entrance Exam Pattern :
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be held through offline mode (Pen Paper mode).
- Type of Questions: The question will be the objective type.
- Exam Duration: The duration of entrance test will be two hours.
- Language: The question paper will come in English language.
- No. of Questions: Total 175 question will be asked in the examination.
- Marking Scheme: For correct response, 4 marks will be allotted to the candidates.
- Negative Marks: For incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted.
DU LLB Entrance Exam Syllabus
The Delhi University LLB Entrance Exam syllabus will consist of the following topics: General Knowledge & Current Affairs, English Language Comprehension, Reasoning & Analytical Abilities and Legal Awareness and Aptitude.
Important Dates :
- Events Dates (Tentative)
- Application Form Availability Fourth week of April 2017
- Application Form Availability Last Date Last week of May 2017
- Admit Card Issued First week of June 2017
- Date of Exam Fourth week of June 2017
- Result Declaration First week of July 2017
- Counselling Start Second week of July 2017
Entrance Exam Admit Card 2017 :
Candidates can get the admit card in the first week of June 2017. The DU LLB Entrance Exam 2017 admit card will be provided through online mode. The DU LLB Entrance Exam Hall Ticket comprises of the Name of the Candidate, Roll Number, Exam Venue, Date & Time of Exam, Category, Gender, etc.
Entrance Exam Result 2017 :
Candidates can view the result from the first week of July through online mode. After the result declaration, the merit list will be prepared by the candidate’s performance in the entrance test. The DU LLB Entrance Exam 2016 Result will be declared in a pdf format.
Candidates will be called for the counselling process in order of merit. The counselling will begin from the second week of July 2017. The counselling will be conducted according to the category rank. Candidates have to bring all the relevant documents in original along with the photocopies & fee.
Documents Needed at the time of Counselling :
- Admit Card (Entrance Exam)
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Graduation Passing Certificate
- Age Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Category Certificate
- 8 Passport Size Photograph