Indian Engineering Services. … A combined three-stage competitive examination (comprising five tests), called the Engineering Services Examination (ESE) is conducted by the UPSC for recruitment to the Indian Engineering Services. IES remain the most sought-after careers for the engineering graduates in India.
Ies Exam Syllabus
Indian Engineering Services comprise of engineers who work under the government of India and designated as Class – 1 officer. They administer a large segment of the public sector economy, which constitutes of Indian Railways, Power, Telecommunications, Central Water engineering, Defence service of Engineers, Central Engineering Service, etc. The nature of work performed by these bureaucrats largely depends on their engineering branch and the service or cadre they are recruited in. The career progression goes smoothly attaining high esteem. The first position offered is that of Asst. Executive engineer and the hierarchy ends at the position of Chairman/ Managing Director.
A combined competitive examination is conducted by the Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to the Indian Engineering Services. The Examination constitutes of a written examination followed by an interview for the personality test. The recruitment of qualified candidates is made under the following categories:
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
A candidate must be either:
(a) A citizen of India or
(b) A subject of Nepal or A subject of Bhutan or
(c) A Tibetan refugee who came over to Indian before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently
settling in India or
(d) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of
Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with
the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January, of the exam year.
- The upper age-limit of 30 years will be relaxable up to 35 years in the case of Government servants of the following categories, if they are employed in a Department/Office under the control of any of the authorities mentioned in column 1 below and apply for admission to the examination for all or any of the Service(s)/Posts mentioned in column 2, for which they are otherwise eligible.
- The upper age-limit prescribed above will be further relaxable:
(i) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a scheduled caste or a scheduled tribe.
(ii) Upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to OBC category.
(iii) Upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
(iv) Upto a maximum of three years in the case of defence service personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area, and released as a consequence thereof.
(v) Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or (iii) on invalidment; (vi) Upto a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Services as on 1st August, and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- Obtained a degree in Engineering from a university incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as universities under section-3 of the university grants commission act, 1956 or
- Passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India) or
- Obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India) or
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India or
- Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959
|Paper – I||Objective||General Studies
|2 hours||200 marks|
|Paper – II||Objective||Engineering
|3 hours||300 marks|
|Paper – I||Conventional||Engineering
Discipline – I
|3 hours||300 marks|
|Paper – II||Conventional||Engineering
Discipline – II
|3 hours||300 marks|
Eligibility For Indian Economic Services
A candidate for the Indian Economic Service must have obtained a Post-Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics from a University incorporated by of an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act Parliament or declared .
Ees Eligibility Percentage
IIM-Bangalore (IIM-B) was founded in 1973 and is the third IIM to be established after IIM-Ahmedabad and IIM-Calcutta. Situated in the silicon valley of India, in the state of Karnataka, IIM-Bangalore has a terrific location advantage as compared to almost all the other IIMs.
IIM-B offers Post Graduate programmes, Doctoral Programme/FPM as well an Executive education program.
Eligibility for PGP
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. In case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Differently Abled (DA) category, this is relaxed to 45%. The candidate may possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirement and are awaiting results can also apply. The candidate is required to have obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/DA category) based on latest available grades/marks
Eligibility for FPM
Either one of the following is required for a candidate to be eligible for FPM
- A Master’s Degree in any discipline, (10+2+3+1 or 2 pattern) with at least 55 percent marks.
- A professional qualification like CA, ICWA, CS, with at least 55 percent marks
- A 4 year / 8 – semester Bachelor’s degree (10+2+4 pattern) with at least 60 percent marks.
Eligibility for PGPPM
- Government and PSU sponsored participants: Officers from All India Services, Central Services and State Civil Services, PSUs in their mid-career.
- Â· NGO and other participants: Candidates from other than government sectors such as NGOs, International Agencies, Infrastructural, CSR, Consulting and other service sectors.
Eligibility for PGPEM
- Graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA
- 5 to 15 years’ full-time work experience
- A valid GMAT score
- Proficiency in English
Eligibility for EPGP
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum 50%) in any discipline as per the 10+2+3 norms
- Minimum 3 years work experience in any industry after the degree
- A valid GMAT score
- Proficiency in English
Ies Eligibility Branches
Any student with a B.E./ B.Tech degree is eligible. You can do your engineering in any branch and appear for any branch. IES has only papers for 4 branches – Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics.
Educational Qualification For Ies Exam
ESE 2017 Eligibility. certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. (II) Age Limits: A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January, of the exam year.
Ies Age Limit For Obc
Age limits. 21-30 as on 1 January of the year of Engineering Services Examination. Upper age limit relaxation is provided to candidates as follows: A maximum of Three years for OBC candidates [Non Creamy Layer only]
Ies Eligibility Criteria 2017
(4) UPSC IES Age Limit: (a) Age criteria for UPSC ESE exam, minimum age limit is 21 years and maximum age limit is 30 years. And the age is measured from the 1st January, of the current year. Students must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st January, 1997.