|Eligibility||Any Businessmen / Proprietorship / Partnership Firms / Public or Private Companies.|
|Nomination||Available (Only for Individual and Proprietorship Account only.)|
|Short Term Deposit||Fixed Deposit||Reinvestment Plan Deposit||Kalyan Tax Saver Scheme||Dhanasahastra Deposit Scheme||Recurring Account|
|Minimum Amount||₹ 500/-||₹500/-||₹1000/-||₹100/-||₹10000/-||₹100/-|
|Minimum Period||46 Days||12 Months||15 Months||–||555 Days||6 Months|
|Maximum Period||Less than 1 Year||120 Months||120 Months||60 Months||1000 Days||120 Months|
|Loan Facility||Available||Available||Available||Not Available||Available||Available|
- Premature Closure is allowed (except Kalyan Tax Saver Scheme) & Penal Interest will be applicable for the same.
- 15G/15H forms submission in respective branches is required in eligible cases.
|Eligibility||Any individuals, singly or jointly, Minors with their Guardians, HUF as well as Reg. Society.|
Click Here : Branches And ATMS
The Kalyan Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd.has completed more than four decades of dedicated service to the people of Kalyan city and surrounding areas. From a modest beginning in December, 1973, the bank has grown by leaps and bounds in a short span of 40 years with a business mix of over Rs. 2710 crores today. With over 40000 shareholders and a satisfied client base of over 3 lakhs, the Bank is continuously striving to improve quality and set standards in customer service and become a ‘Janata’ bank in the truest sense.
The history of the bank dates back to the year 1970 when Advocate Bhaurao Sabnis and Shri. Vasantrao Purohit took the initiative, against heavy odds, in founding a bank for the predominantly middle class people of Kalyan. It was around the same time that The Kalyan Peoples’ Co Operative Bank had failed leading to severe discontent among the people. Against this background, raising share capital for a bank was an extremely daunting task but their determined and relentless efforts culminated in a modest beginning on 23rd December, 1973 in a 180 sq.ft. office with three employees, share capital of Rs. 50,000/- and deposits of Rs. 80,000/-.
The first ones to be on the Board of Directors of the bank were Shri B.P.Joshi, Dr.P.V.Karkhanis, Advocate Shri Bhaurao Sabnis, Shri V.G.Phadke-Chartered Accountant, Prof.A.P.Pradhan, Shri S.M.Oak, Advocate U.S.Sheikh, Shri N.D.Bhoir, Shri G.S.Kadam, Shri V.H.Purohit, Shri W.D.Sathe among others. The visionary zeal of these pioneers has catapulted the bank into a prominent co operative bank in Maharashtra with a branch network of 26 branches spread across Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane, Pune, Satara, Kolhapur and Nashik districts.
- Shifted to ‘Gayan Samaj’ on 26th January, 1978
- In 1992, the Bank’s own three-story building was constructed.
- In the same year, the Head Office of the bank was shifted to a big establishment near the Railway Station.
- Late in the year 1994, the deposits crossed the 50 crore mark.
- At the fag end of the financial year 1996-97, the deposits shot up to 100 crores.
- The Reserve Bank of India granted permission to expand the area of operation from Thane District to Raigad and Mumbai Districts in 1998.
- The Bank obtained the direct membership to the clearing house of RBI from 01/01/1999.
- The Bank acquired the schedule status in January 2000
- The first branch in Mumbai at Ghatkopar began in May 2004
- The Bank garnered the Rs. 500/- Cr. Deposits in F. Y. 2007-08
- The MOU between the Bank & The Satara Merchants Co. operative Bank for merger, was signed on 7 February 2009, at Sajjangad.
- The business mix crossed Rs. 1000/- Cr. mark in March 2009
- The business mix crossed Rs. 2000/- Cr. mark in Sept. 2012
- NRE Deposits accepted in 28 branches.
Shareholders’ Welfare Fund
The Bank out of each years profit has been allocating some funds for implementing the welfare schemes for the members of the Bank. These schemes are reviewed every year to meet the requirements of the Bank’s members. Well being of the Shareholders has always been focus area for the Bank. To meet the wellbeing of the members the Bank has formulated Various schemes for benefit of the Shareholders. The details and the present applicable terms and conditions governing the schemes at present are given hereunder. It is advised that the members may get in touch with the Share Department located at Head Office to know the latest changes/modification and improvements in the schemes. The contents are updated upto 31st July 2009.
Medical Welfare Scheme
The general terms and conditions governing the schemes are as under. The management has the right to amend these terms any time with a week’s notice to the members. The terms are:
- The shareholder must be a member of the Bank for the period of two years on the date of his claiming the benefit under any of these schemes. The term “Member” here does not include “Nominal Member”
- Share holder can apply for any of the following medical tests or operations “ONLY ONCE” during the entire tenure of his membership
- In case of joint shareholding, benefits are extended only to the member whose name appears 1st in the register of shareholders maintained by the Bank.
- Shareholder Should apply within Two years from the date of under going Medical tests/ Operation
Financial Aid for Medical tests / operations
- Bypass Surgery : Rs.10,000/-
- Angioplasty : Rs.8000/-
- Angiography : Rs.2000/-
- Cataract operation : Rs. 2000/-
- Brain Surgery : Rs.10000/-
- Kidney Transplant : Rs.10,000/-
- Detection of Cancer : -Rs.5000/-
- Scanning : Rs.500/-
- M.R.I. : Rs 1000/-
Financial Aid for Physically Handicapped
Bank provides Financial Aid of Rs. 5000/- to Shareholder, who has become Physically Handicapped due to accident or other medical reasons.
Share holder should submit certificate of 40% disability from All India Institute of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. OR Any Other Govt. Hospital.
Free Medical checkup: For Senior Citizens
- Free Medical Checkup facility is extended, once in two years, at different hospitals with whom the Bank has made facility arrangement for the benefit of the members.
- Age: Male Shareholders should have completed 60 Years of Age on the previous date of the medical checkup.
- No Age limit for Female shareholders.
- Tests covered under the scheme :
- Blood-CBC, Hb
- Blood Sugar(Random)
- Urine Routine
- Examination by Physician and Gynecological Examination for Females
- List of Hospitals :
- Dr. Telavane’s “Sai Prasad Hospital”, Agra Road, Kalyan[w] Ph.No.2208240 / 2211217
- “Shree Devi Hospital”, Near Bhanu Sagar Talkies, Station Road, Kalyan [w] Ph.No.2316428
- Dr. Sanjay Godbole’s “Shree Hospital”, Murbad Road, Kalyan[w] Ph.No.2200529 / 2209926
- Dr. Paralikar’s “Ajit Scanning” Centre, Karnik Road, Kalyan [w] Ph.No. 2213635 / 2213531
- Dr.Sunil Umredkar’s “Gurukrupa Hospital”, Birla college Road, Shivdham Apt. Kalyan [w] Ph.No.3240490 / 5608191
- Dr. Khatale’s “Sai Krupa Hospital”, Yogeshwar Tower, Poona Link Road, Katemanivali, Kalyan[E] Phone No.:2335431
Financial assistance to Nominee of Shareholder
Bank provides financial assistance to nominee of Shareholder due to Natural / Accidental Death of Shareholder.
- Person applying for financial assistance should be nominee as per Bank’s record.
- Application should be made within two years from the date of death of the Shareholder.
- The nominee should be in a position to submit identity proof to the satisfaction of the Bank.
Vidyarthi Pravinya Puraskar
Meritorious Shareholders/ children of Shareholders are bestowed by the bank with Vidyarthi Pravinya Puraskar
- Applicant should have appeared for exam in current academic year in which the Puraskar is declared/distributed.
- Mother /Father /Applicant should be shareholder of the bank as on last day of financial year in which the puraskar is declared /distributed.
Criteria for Awards :
- Std:12 th Science :For General Category :Above 75% For (SC,ST,VJ,NT,SBC) :Above 70%
- Std:12 th Arts & Commerce : Above 70%
- Std:10 th For General Category : Above 75% For (SC,ST,VJ,NT,SBC) : Above 70%
- Std 4 th & 7 th Scholarship Exam : Scolarship should be secured.
- Scholarship for National Talent Search (Std 10 th) : Scolarship should be secured.
- Final Exam passed with Distinction for Dance, Music & Drama conducted by Gandharva Mahavidyalaya / National School of Drama