Senior Software Designer Recruitment 2017
Join us as a Senior Configuration Analyst, and manage Planview configuration implementation for bank wide Enterprise Portfolio Management system (Planview) that incorporates demand, portfolio, programme, project and resource supply for RBS.
Role requires collaboration with I&RP Team, and prioritization group with the focus on delivery of enhancements across the strategic EPM application which mainly would be required for P3M framework implementation along with tool enhancement to provide an efficient EPM solution.
What the Business does
This role is based in the Business Planning & EPM at Finance Solutions.
EPM business comprises of Portfolio Managers, Programme Managers, Project Managers, I&RP Team, Resource Management Team, and Finance Management team. One of the key aspects is to implement P3M framework which is required to be followed by all programmes and their supported projects delivering changes within the Bank. Section of business oversee change investments across the Bank and ensure that portfolios are governed and controlled effectively. Project Managers raise resource demand in Planview which is reviewed and fulfilled by Resource Manager; this is required to ensure that the project is properly resourced with an appropriate number of staff possessing the necessary skills to achieve successful delivery. Other key aspect is Project Financials, where business does reconciliation between Actuals and Forecast and use data for governance and project forecast amendments.
EPM Team manages change requests raised by I&RP which includes P3M framework related enhancements, reporting requirement from governance, project management, resource management and financial management perspective, and enhancements to processes for system integration e.g. PeopleSoft, OCM, Hyperion, IIQ etc. and automation of processes to take away manual intervention.
As a Senior Configuration Analyst, your key responsibilities will include:
- Own the design and configuration phase of project. Deliver application configuration changes that meet functional requirements within agreed timelines and adhering to stipulated software standards.
- Assist key stakeholders with policy and procedure development for implementation of additional Planview functionality.
- Work closely with the Planview vendor support team to identify and implement solutions to system problems or defects.
- Develop front to back knowledge of the EPM environment and the Planview software. Ensure complete documentation of configuration specification and change related mandatory documentation as per ServiceNow.
Provide as appropriate a 3rd line support capability and within that a timely resolution and or escalation of production problems.
The Skills you’ll need
In order to be successful in this role, you must have the following skills & experience:
- Strong analytical skills and capability to build good business knowledge.
- 8+ year of Experience in configuring, building, and supporting applications.
- Experience of maintaining and configuring 3rd party/Vendor applications.
- Relational databases e.g. SQL Server.
- Background in EPM/PPM software and/or Resource Management with a good understanding across the wider industry.
- Ability to work in a team and as an individual contributor; proven self-starter.
- Good knowledge of Change Management process e.g. ServiceNow.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
RBS doesn’t just provide you with an exciting work and a generous pay package. We take pride in ensuring your personal and professional development are first and foremost. You will have access to a range of development and learning programs, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Whether its retirement planning, supporting a charity close to your heart or taking care of your well-being, RBS makes sure you are taken care of. For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, our purpose is to serve customers well. We serve around 24 million customers across the globe, and our aim is to consistently meet their needs wherever they find us. Our ambition is to become the UK’s number-one bank for customer trust, service and advocacy by 2020. Our global workforce is integral to helping us achieve this goal.
With colleagues across 5 main states, and connected across-the-globe by common values and a unified ambition, RBS India delivers vital bank functions that help us offer truly round-the-clock support to our UK customers, and 24/7 banking to our international customers.
RBS welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Click Here : Apply Now
Our customers are at the heart of our business and our culture. No decision is ever made, big or small, without considering how it affects our customers. We’re focused on doing our best for them every day. Where we spot an opportunity to serve them better, we take action.
We’ve made the bank smaller, simpler and smarter, focussing on our key markets in the UK and Ireland. We’re easier to do business with, and are pioneering ways to make our services accessible to more customers. All of this is driven by our determination to be number one for customer service in our chosen markets, and to make a difference every day.
We’re cultivating a bright, sustainable future by earning our customers’ trust and serving them well. And continuing to build a forward thinking and inclusive workforce is crucial to our success.
Everything we do is led by four core values:
We earn their trust by focussing on their needs and delivering an excellent service.
We respect and support each other and work best as one team.
Doing the right thing
We prize fairness and diversity and exercise judgement with thought and integrity.
Thinking long term
We know that we succeed only when our customers and communities succeed. We do business in an open, direct and sustainable way.
Our customers inspire us to bring our values to life. Together, we’re determined to make a difference. For our customers, for the communities we serve, and for each other.