Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released SSC JE 2016-17 notification to recruit may eligible candidates for Junior Engineer Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Posts. So, candidates who applied for SSC JE Recruitment 2017 via online process. After the notification declaration, candidates filled the SSC JE application form 2017 for the examination of JE. The Commission has notified JE posts for different government departments. The department has notified various posts in Civil and Electrical. for the eligible and interested candidates. SSC department allowed the aspirants to fill the online application form for SSC JE for their favourable posts. SSC keeps liberating Junior Engineer posts for Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical divisions. The department allow candidates to file the application form at ssc.nic.in that is the official site for Staff Selection Commission.
Here, candidates can check full details about the SSC JE 2017 recruitment such as eligibility criteria, age limit, vacancy details, how to fill SSC JE 2017 online form, application fee, exam dates, etc.
About SSC: SSC stands for Staff Selection Commission is one of the most famous government department in India. It takes the responsibility to notify candidates about jobs at many levels such as SSC CGL, CHSL and so on. Staff Selection Commission is known as Karmchari Chayan Aayog in Hindi. It holds full responsibility of candidates to liberate jobs for various government department and subordinate offices. The headquarter for SSC is located in New Delhi that is the capital city of India.
SSC consists seven regional offices in India at different locations. The locations include Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai and Bangalore. It also includes two sub-regional offices at Raipur and Chandigarh. On 4th November 1975, Government Of India (GOI) formed a commission that was called Subordinate Service Commission. From 26th September 1977, Subordinate Services Commission was renamed as Staff Selection Commission that is commonly known as SSC.
SSC JE 2016-17 Vacancy Details :
SSC has notified the interested and eligible candidates for Junior Engineer (JE) posts as in the form of National Level test organised by SSC. All the eligible aspirants are invited to fill the online application form for SSC JE 2017. SSC JE online application form is available in part I and part II registration process. For more details about SSC JE recruitment 2017 check the details beneath herein:
- Department Name: Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Total Number of Vacancies: – Various
- Post Name: Junior Engineer (JE) (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical)
- Job Location: All India (Based On Rank)
- Official Site: ssc.nic.in OR ssconline.nic.in
- Type of Job: Government Jobs
The pay scale for Junior Engineer will be accordance to department, posts and other strategies.
|Post||Grade Pay||Gross Salary|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Junior Engineer (Electrical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Junior Engineer(Electrical and Mechanical)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
|Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract)||4,200||32667 – 37119|
SSC JE 2017 Important Dates :
|Events||SSC JE 2016-17||SSC JE 2017-18|
|Starting Date to Fill Online Application Forms||1st October 2016||14th October 2017|
|Last Date to Apply Online for SSC JE 2016-17 Exam||3rd November 2016||10th November 2017|
|SSC JE Tier-I Admit Card Release Date||February 2017||December 2017|
|SSC JE Tier-I Exam Date (CBE*)||1st March to 4th March 2017||5th to 8th January 2018|
|SSC JE Tier-I Result Declaration Date ||5th June 2017||Update Soon|
|SSC JE Tier-II Admit Card ||July 2017||Update Soon|
|SSC JE Tier-II Exam Date (DES)||30th July 2017||Update Soon|
|SSC JE Tier-II Result||Update Soon||Update Soon|
SSC JE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Staff Selection Commission has fixed a criteria that candidates have to follow if they are interested in filling SSC JE 2017 online form. This educational and age limit is set by SSC department for JE Exam. The aspirants who come under the eligibility quota can fill the online application form for SSC JE 2017 vacancy. To check whether you are eligible or not, read the criteria mentioned below here:
Educational Qualification: The educational qualification for SSC JE recruitment will have two sub-categories. The candidates who want to apply for SSC JE Civil jobs and SSC JE Mechanical and Electrical must be eligible as:
- Junior Engineer (Civil): CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Civil): Department of Posts – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical): CPWD – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical): Department of Posts- B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Electrical engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Civil & Mechanical): Central Water Commission – B.E. / B.Tech. / Diploma in Civil/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Junior Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical): MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in electrical/mechanical engineering works.
- Junior Engineer (Civil): MES – B.E. / B.Tech. in Civil Engineering OR 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized University/Institute and with 2 years work experience in civil engineering works.
- Junior Engineer (QS&C): MES – B.E. / B.Tech. / 3 years Diploma in Civil engineering from a recognized University/Institute OR Passed Intermediate examination in Building and Quantity Surveying (Sub Divisional-II) from the Institute of Surveyors (India).
SSC JE 2017 Age Limit
Age Limit: The Aspirants should be between 18 to 32 years of age to apply for the SSC JE 2017 Recruitment. The relaxation in age will be applicable as per government rules in Staff Selection Commission. In SSC JE vacancy, the different posts have different age limits that are expressed here.
- For Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical), Central Water Commission and CPWD the candidate’s age must be equal or less than 32 years.
- For Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical & Mechanical), MES candidate’s age should not be exceed 30 years.
- For Junior Engineer (Civil and Electrical), Department of Post and Junior Engineer (Surveying and contract), MES candidate’s age should be between 18 to 27 years.
SSC JE Application Form 2017
The interested and eligible candidates must fulfill all the eligibility criteria, age limit, educational qualification and other necessary things to file an application form. If the candidates fulfill all the requirements they can apply for SSC JE 2017 recruitment for various departments. SSC Junior Engineer consist application form in two parts: Part I and Part II.
To fill the online application form for SSC JE for part I candidates have to fill all the common details such as name, mother’s name, father’s name, address, email address, mobile number, domicile, category etc. After completing full online form of SSC JE part I candidates have to click on submit button. In this way, they will get registration number and password for the part II registration.
In the next process applicants, have to input their application id and password to apply for part II registration. In part second registration candidates have to submit educational qualification and then they will have to upload scanned copies of passport size photograph and signature at specified size.
There are some necessary information that candidates should have in their mind while filling the online application form. Mind all these points mentioned below before filling the SSC Junior Engineer online application form.
- As a first step, the candidates are supposed to register them online on the website and fill out the application form within the time period provided.
- Only online applications are required to be submitted at the official website for SSC JE 2016 Recruitment process.
- Only one online application is permitted to be submitted by an applicant for the posts of Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical & Electrical & Quantity Surveying & Contract).
- Consequently, the applicants are recommended to exercise due persistence at the time of filling their application forms.
- At the time of appearing in examination, the candidates will be compulsory to submit a SSC JE 2016-17 application from that he has submitted only one application.
- In case of multiple applications, the last application for which Part-I and Part-II registration have been completed will be accepted.
Click Here – SSC JE 2016-17 Application Form – Closed Now
SSC JE 2017 Exam Pattern
SSC JE 2017 Examination will take place in 2 stages. The examination will be organized based on the latest pattern decided by Staff Selection Commission. The paper first will be of 200 marks whereas paper second will carry 300 marks. Total 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
SSC JE 2017 Exam Pattern:-
|Paper||Subjects||Max. Marks||Duration Of Exam|
|Paper – I (MCQs)||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||2 Hours|
|Part A- General Engineering (civil & structural)||100|
|Part B- General Engineering (electrical)|
|Part C- General Engineering (mechanical)|
|Paper – II (Conventional)||Part A- General Eng. (civil & structural)||300||2 Hours|
|Part B- General Eng. (electrical)|
|Part C- General Eng. (mechanical)|
According to the examination pattern of SSC JE by Staff Selection Commission, the appearing applicants for the post of JE (civil), JE (quantity surveying & contract) should attempt Part A (civil & structural) of paper I & II.
On the other hand appearing aspirants for JE (electrical) need to attempt Part B (electrical) & the candidates appearing for JE (mechanical) have to attempt Part C (mechanical) of Paper I & II.
SSC JE 2017 Selection Procedure
Candidates can download SSC JE syllabus from the official site in PDF format. The syllabus is the key element in being posted in SSC department for Junior Engineer (JE) post.
SSC Junior Engineer 2017 Selection Process
There will be two stages for the selection of candidates. The candidates will have to obtained passing at least passing marks for being selected in SSC JE posts. These two stages are given below:
Stage 1: Computer Based Test
- Computer Based Test (CBT) will be organized for Paper-I.
- The Paper-I of SSC JE will be of Objective type.
- The paper first will carry 200 marks in total containing General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness,
- Part A: General Engineering (Civil and Structural)
- Part B: General Engineering (Electrical) and
- Part C: General Engineering (Mechanical)
- Applicants who are shortlisted on the basis of performance in Paper-I will be called for Paper –II (Conventional Type)
- The Paper –I will be conducted from December 3 to 5, 2017
Stage 2: Written Examination
- The Paper II will be conventional type
- The paper second will carry total 300 marks.
- Part A: General Engineering (Civil and Structural)
- Part B: General Engineering (Electrical)
- Part C: General Engineering (Mechanical)
The Final assortment of applicants will be confirmed on the basis of the marks obtained by the aspirants in both Paper-I and Paper-II. The preferences of the posts entered by the candidates will also be given due prominence. Provision to the departments will be completed on the basis of merit.
SSC JE Admit Card 2017
SSC Junior Engineer tier-I examination has been conducted from 1st to 4th March 2017 at several pre-decided exam centres. SSC JE paper-II examination is going to be held on 30th July and SSC has released the admit card for all regions. Candidates are able to Download SSC JE Admit Card 2016-17 by using their registration number and date of birth. Candidates, who have successfully cleared the SSC JR Paper-I examination are able to download SSC JE Paper-II Call Letter 2017. However, candidates are advised to download SSC JE Hall ticket 2017 before the examination because without admit card candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.