Canara Bank is an Indian state-owned bank headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka. Ammembal Subba Rao Pai, a philanthropist, established the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, on 1 July 1906. The bank changed its name to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it incorporated. . The bank also has offices abroad in London, Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, and Dubai. Total number of branches reached 3600.
The Banks 5th foreign branch at Manama, Bahrain opened.1027 branches and 2786 ATMs opened during the year. Global business crossed the`7 lakh crore milestone. Canara Bank acquired four banks in 1963: the Sree Poornathrayeesa Vilasam Bank, Thrippunithura, Arnad Bank, Tiruchirapalli, Cochin Commercial Bank, Cochin, and Pandyan Bank, Madurai. The Government of India nationalised Canara Bank, along with 13 other major commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969. In 1976, Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. This brought Canara Bank some 230 branches in northern India. Canara Bank recruitment comes up with latest recruitment details for various position like Probationary Officer (PO), Specialist Officer (SO), Manager and Clerk post etc. Check below for upcoming Canara Bank Job details in India.
Vacancy Details of Canara Bank Recruitment 2016 :
Name of the Post and the total no. of Vacancy –The name of the posts and the total number of vacancy are given below:
1) Database Administrator- 01 post
2) System Administrator-02 posts
3) DP Operation Head-01 post
4) Chartered Accountant-01 post
5) Human Resource and Legal Head-01 post
The total number of vacancy is 06.
Pay Scale- The selected candidates will receive a pay scale of Rs. 37500/- per month.
Job Location- The job location will be at Mumbai and Bangalore.
Eligibility Criteria for Canara Bank Recruitment 2016
Nationality- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
Age Limit- The candidate’s maximum age should not exceed 28 years (Chartered Accountant) and 30 years (other posts) as on 31-07-2016.
Educational Qualification :
1) Database Administrator- The candidate should have obtained minimum 50% of marks in 4 years BE/B.Tech degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/Electronics and Telecommunication/Instrumentation Engineering or MCA. Besides, the candidate must possess DB certificate like Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) or equivalent with minimum 1-2 years of work experience in relevant field.
2) System Administrator- The candidate should have obtained minimum 50% of marks in 4 years BE/B.Tech degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/Electronics and Telecommunication/Instrumentation Engineering or MCA. Besides, the candidate should possess OS Certification like Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) / Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or equivalent with minimum 1-2 years of work experience in relevant field.
3) DP Operation Head- The candidate should have obtained 50% or equivalent grade in Graduation in any stream from a recognized university. Besides, the candidate should possess a valid certification from NISM/NCFM in DP operation with minimum 2 years of work experience in relevant sector.
4) Chartered Accountant- The candidate should be a qualified Chartered Accountant (ICAI) with minimum 1 years of work experience in relevant sector.
5) Human Resource and Legal Head- The candidate must hold the degree of MBA- HR /LLB/ MSW from a recognized university with minimum 1 years of work experience in relevant sector.
Click Here : Apply Now
About Canara Bank :
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CEO’S MESSAGE
As a premier commercial bank in India, Canara Bank has a distinct track record in the service of the nation for over 110 years. Today, Canara Bank has a strong pan India presence with 5847 branches and 9657 ATMs, catering to all segments of an ever growing clientele accounts base of 7.36 crore. Across the borders, the Bank has 8 branches, one each at London, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Leicester, Manama, Johannesburg, New York and DIFC (Dubai) & a Representative Office at Sharjah, UAE. We are recognized as a leading financial conglomerate in India, with as many as nine subsidiaries/ sponsored institutions/joint ventures in India and abroad. In our second century of dedicated service to the nation, we aspire to emerge as a “Preferred Bank” by pursuing global benchmarks in profitability, operational efficiency, asset quality, risk management and expanding the global reach.
Founded as ‘Canara Bank Hindu Permanent Fund’ in 1906, by late Shri Ammembal Subba Rao Pai, a philanthropist, this small seed blossomed into a limited company as ‘Canara Bank Ltd.’ in 1910 and became Canara Bank in 1969 after nationalization.
To remove Superstition and ignorance.
To spread education among all to sub-serve the first principle.
To inculcate the habit of thrift and savings.
To transform the financial institution not only as the financial heart of the community but the social heart as well.
To assist the needy.
To work with sense of service and dedication.
To develop a concern for fellow human being and sensitivity to the surroundings with a view to make changes/remove hardships and sufferings.
Sound founding principles, enlightened leadership, unique work culture and remarkable adaptability to changing banking environment have enabled Canara Bank to be a frontline banking institution of global standards