Cochin Shipyard Limited Recruitment 2017 for 198 Asst & Semi Skilled Rigger Posts: Cochin Shipyard Limited, Kochi has advertised a notification for the recruitment of 198 Fabrication Assistant (Welder, Sheet Metal Worker), Out fit Assistant ( Fitter/ Mechanic Motor Vehicle, Fitter Pipe (Plumber), Diesel Mechanic, Painter, Machinist etc.,) & Semi Skilled Rigger vacancies on Contract basis. Eligible candidates can apply online from 19-07-2017 to 30-07-2017 (Extended to 15-08-2017). Other details like age limit, educational qualification, selection process.
Recruitment For Junior Technical Assistant
Total No. of Posts: 198
Age Limit: Candidates age limit should be not exceed 30 years as on 30-07-2017. Age relaxation is 5 years for SC/ ST, 3 years for OBC (Non Creamy Layer), 10 years for Persons With Disabilities (PWD) candidates as per rules.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have pass SSLC, ITI (NTC) and National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) in the respective trade for S.No-A, B & Pass in IV Std for S.No-C Posts with adequate experience.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected based on applicants performance in Practical test.
Application Fee: Applicants required to pay Rs. 100/- (Non refundable, plus bank charges extra) through online by using Debit card/ Credit card/ Internet Banking). Applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Person with Disability (PWD) need not pay application fee.
Click Here : Check More Details & Apply Now
About Cochin Shipyard
Cochin Shipyard was incorporated in the year 1972 as a fully owned Government of India company. In the last three decades the company has emerged as a forerunner in the Indian Shipbuilding & Shiprepair industry. This yard can build and repair the largest vessels in India. It can build ships upto 1,10,000 DWT and repair ships upto 1,25,000 DWT. The yard has delivered two of India’s largest double hull Aframax tankers each of 95,000 DWT . CSL has secured shipbuilding orders from internationally renowned companies from Europe & Middle East and is nominated to build the country’s first indigenous Air Defense Ship. Shipyard commenced ship repair operations in the year 1982 and has undertaken repairs of all types of ships including upgradation of ships of oil exploration industry as well as periodical lay up repairs and life extension of ships of Navy, UTL, Coast Guard, Fisheries and Port Trust besides merchant ships of SCI & ONGC. The yard has, over the years, developed adequate capabilities to handle complex and sophisticated repair jobs. The Shipyard also trains graduate engineers to marine engineers who later join ships both Indian and foreign as 5th Engineers. 100 are trained every year.
- Cochin Shipyard was conceived of in the year 1969 when a team surveyed various locations in India before selecting Cochin for the launch of the first Greenfield Shipbuilding Yard in the country.
- The yard facilities in the first phase were completed by 1982. The yard was designed and constructed under technical collaboration with M/s Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (M.H.I), Japan. The company was legally incorporated in the year 1972.
- The yard commenced the shipbuilding operations in 1978, shiprepair in 1981, Marine Engineering Training in 1993 and Offshore Upgradation in 1999.
- Cochin Shipyard’s recent success in securing export orders have been achieved through consistent improvement in productivity and also aggressive marketing undertaken in the last few years .
- The yard could reduce the average time of construction of large ships in the last decade through augmentation of facilities, upgradation of ship design department with installation of Tribon and CAD/CAM software and adoption of Integrated Hull Outfitting and Painting system (IHOP) system of construction.
- The shipyard commenced ship repair operations in the year 1982 and has undertaken repairs of all types of vessels including upgradation of ships of oil exploration industry as well as periodical lay up repairs and life extension of ships of Navy, UTL, Coast Guard, Fisheries and Port Trust besides merchant fleet. The yard has, over the years, developed adequate capabilities to handle complex and sophisticated repair jobs.
- CSL has established tie-ups with select specialist firms from near-east, far-east, South-east, Europe and USA for technology transfer & material packages for shipbuilding, shiprepair, platforms, rigs & upgradation of yard facilities