Kerala University Recruitment 2017 – Senior Research Fellow Posts: Kerala University, Department of Biochemistry, Advanced Centre for Tissue Engineering has published a notification for the recruitment of Senior Research Fellows vacancies on temporary basis. Eligible candidates may apply on or before 24-08-2017 by 04:30 PM. Other details like educational qualification.
Recruitment For Senior Research Fellow
Total No. of Posts: 02
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have M.Sc in Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Polymer Chemistry/ Material Science with at least two years research experience.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates may send their application along with bio-data, attested photographs, full address (including contact number & email id) and copies of qualifying certificates addressed to The Professor & Head, Department of Biochemistry, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram – 695581 on or before 24-08-2017 by 04:30 PM.
Last Date for Receipt of Application: 24-08-2017 by 04:30 PM
For more details like duration, salary & other information click on the link given below.
The University of Kerala formerly the University of Travancore, is an affiliating university located in Thiruvananthapuram, capital of the south Indian state of Kerala, India. It was established in 1937, long before the birth of the state of Kerala in India, by a promulgation of the Maharajah of Travancore, Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma who was also the first Chancellor of the university. C. P. Ramaswami Iyer, the then Diwan (Prime Minister) of Travancore, was the first Vice-Chancellor.
One of the first 16 Universities in India and the first in the state of Kerala, the University of Kerala was founded as the University of Travancore in the erstwhile princely state of Travancore (now southern part of Kerala and some neighboring parts of state of Tamil Nadu) in 1937. During the 7 decades since the University of Kerala grew and shrunk physically and transformed itself in many ways.
The earliest origins of the University may be traced back to two institutions of modern learning in Kerala, the University College, Thiruvananthapuram and the Trivandrum Observatory. The University College was initially founded as the Maharaja’s Free School by Maharaja Swathi Thirunal in 1834, with Mr John Roberts. A Christian Missionary as Headmaster, and soon grew into a college in 1866, affiliated to the Madras University. When the University of Travancore was founded, the Departments of the college became the University Departments, only to switch back again when the transformation to University of Kerala happened in 1957. The University College still retains its connection with the University as an affiliated college. The Trivandrum Observatory was founded in 1838 and had an internationally reputed scientist, John Caldecott FRS as its first Director. It became a part of the Travancore University, but for some time was administered as an independent government institution. It is now the oldest institution under the Kerala University.
The University of Travancore was established in 1937 by a promulgation of the Maharajah of Travancore, Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma who was also the first Chancellor of the University. Sir C. P Ramaswamy Ayyar, the then Diwan (Prime minister) of the State was the first Vice-Chancellor. He was an eminent scholar and an able administrator. It is said the Government made an unsuccessful attempt to invite Albert Einstein to be the first Vice-Chancellor. The University was modelled after the best Universities of the United Kingdom, and even today retains some of these features. The affiliating system of the University however evolved to be different from the college system in British Universities.
Only ten colleges within the State of Travancore, which were at that time affiliated to the Madras University, became the affiliated colleges of the University of Travancore. In 1954, the unified state of Kerala came into being with most of Travancore and whole of state of Cochin and Malabar area of Madras presidency becoming part of it. The Kerala University Act (Act 14 of 1957) was brought into force and the University of Travancore was renamed University of Kerala. The University had three campuses located in three different parts of the State viz. Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam and Kozhikode. The number of affiliated colleges grew phenomenally. However, in 1968, the University Centre at Kozhikode became a full-fledged University, the University of Calicut, affiliating the colleges located in Thrissur, Palakkad, Kozhikode and Kannur districts of Kerala and transforming the Kozhikkode Centre into University Departments. The Cochin University of Science and Technology – CUSAT -(1971), Kerala Agricultural University (1971) and Mahatma Gandhi University (1983) were subsequently established, with CUSAT taking over the University’s centre at Cochin. These developments have shrunk the jurisdiction of the University of Kerala to Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Alappuzha Districts and some parts of Pathanamthitta District.