Scholarship/Assistantship for Post-graduate Programs: To avail the financial assistance (scholarship/assistantship),the candidate must first secure the admission to a program in one of the central government supported institutes, by a procedure that could vary from institute to institute. Depending upon the norms adopted by a specific institute or department of the institute, a candidate may be admitted directly into a course based on: his/her performance in GATE only; or based on his/her performance in GATE and an admission test/interview conducted by the department to which he/she has applied and/or the candidate’s academic record. In the test/interview based selection procedure, as per the MHRD guidelines, a minimum of 70% weightage will be given to the performance in GATE and the remaining will be given to the candidate’s performance in test/interview and/oracademic record. However, the admitting institutes could prescribe a minimum passing marks in the test/interview.
Note: 1. Call for admissions to M.Tech./Ph.D. will be advertised separately by the respective institutions and GATE committee is not responsible for the admission process.2. GATE zonal offices will not entertain any enquiry about admission, reservation of seats and/or award of scholarship/assistantship.
Zones and the corresponding administrative institutes for GATE 2018.
Zone-1 Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
Zone-2 Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Zone-3 Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Zone-4 Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Zone-5 Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Zone-6 Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Zone-7 Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Zone-8 Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
Examination for all the 23 subjects (papers) will be conducted as ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
Eligibility for GATE 2018 :
- B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Pharm.
- B. Arch.
- B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.
- M. Sc./ M.A./MCA or equivalent Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)
- Int. M.E./ M.Tech. or Dual Degree(after Diploma or 10+2)
- Int. M.Sc./ Int. B.S.-M.S.
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B. Arch.)
Candidates who have obtained/are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India: i) must have completed or are in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 4 years) in Engineering/Technology or; ii) must have completed or are in the final year of their Post Graduate (Master’s) degree (duration: at least 2 years) in any relevant subjects in science.
Candidates can check the PSU companies given below and click on the corresponding link give to be able to apply for the same
Advt. No. CC/04/2017 dtd. 04.09.2017
Executive Trainee – 23rd Batch
Discipline : Electrical, Electrical, Civil, Computer Science
Selection Process :
- The Selection Process consists of marks obtained (out of 100) in the corresponding paper of GATE 2018, Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
- Eligible candidates will have to appear for the corresponding paper of GATE 2018, i.e. Electrical Engineering (EE)/ Electronics and Communication (EC) / Civil Engineering (CE)/ Computer Science and Information Technology (CS)
- Candidates qualified in corresponding paper of GATE 2018 shall only be eligible to be considered for the next stage of selection. Qualifying marks in GATE-2018 shall be as decided by GATE-2018 conducting authority
- Qualified candidates shall be short-listed category-wise for Group Discussion & Personal Interview based on their normalized marks out of 100 in GATE 2018, in the corresponding paper.
Service Agreement Bond : The selected candidates will be required to execute a service agreement bond to successfully complete t he prescribed training period and thereafter serve the organization for at least three years. The amount of the bond is INR 1,00,000/- for General/OBC (NCL) candidates and INR 50,000/- for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
Management Trainee Technical-2018
Discipline : Electrical, Mechanical and Metallurgy
Engineering Executive Trainees
Disciplines : Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Instrumentation and Mining
(Ref : The Hindu Opportunities Dated : 6th September, 2017)
Mechanical Engineers as Management Trainees through GATE-2018
Disciplines /Qualification :Mechanical – B.E / B.Tech / B.Sc (Engg) – Mechanical Engineering.
Hiring Process : Written-test, Face to Face Interview
How to apply
Important dates for GATE 2018
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens :Friday 01st September 2017
Last Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website): Thursday 05th October 2017
Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable) : Friday 17th November 2017.
Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing): Friday 05th January 2018.
GATE 2018 Examination,Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon, Afternoon: 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
Saturday: 03rd February 2018/Sunday: 04th February 2018/Saturday: 10th February 2018/ Sunday:11th February 2018.
Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal Saturday 17th March 2018.
Click Here for job Details
- Indian Navy Recruitment 2019 for 10th, 12th, BE/B. Tech: Apply 2972 Sailor & Apprentice Jobs
- Inderprastha Engineering College
- GATE 2018 Details – Management Trainee Technical
- GATE Notification 2019
- Latest CEL Recruitment 2019 – 74 Asst. Manager & Others apply @celindia.co.in
- ONGC Jobs For Graduate Trainees Across India.
- Uttrakhand Rojgar Darshan SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment 2017
- Indian Coast Guard Result 2019 Out for Chargeman, MT Driver, MT Cleaner Selection List
- दिल्ली में इलेक्ट्रिकल इंजीनियरिंग / मैकेनिकल इंजीनियरिंग के लिए Ntpc नौकरियां
- Arunai Engineering College
- Central Bureau of Investigation Recruitment 2019 | Apply for 59 Inspector of Police Vacancy – www.cbi.nic.in
- SSC JE Admit Card 2017-18: Document Verification-freerojgarsamachar
- IIT Guwahati GATE 2018 Result with Score Card 2018 www.gate.iitg.ac.in
- Indian Coast Guard Result 2019 – Assistant Commandant 01/2020 Batch Group 2 & 3 Result Released
- BIS Recruitment 2019-20 – Apply for 115 UDC, LO Posts in Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)