The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is an autonomous organisation under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare , Government of India. Formerly known as Imperial Council of Agricultural Research, it was established on 16 July 1929 as a registered society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 in pursuance of the report of the Royal Commission on Agriculture. The ICAR has its headquarters at New Delhi.
- Post Name : Senior Research Fellow
- No Of Vacancy : 01 Post
- Pay Scale : Rs. 25000/- (Per Month)
Eligibility Criteria for NRCP Recruitment :
- Educational Qualification : Master’s degree Soil and Water Conservation Engineering/ Irrigation and Water Management Engineering/ Water Resource Engineering/ Irrigation and Drainage Engineering/ Horticulture from recognized SAU/ICAR institutes with 4/5 years Bachelor’s degree .
- Age Limit : Maximum age limit is 35 years for Men & 40 years for women As on 21.09.2017
Job Location : Maharashtra
Selection Process : Selection will be made on through Interview.
Application Fee : There in no application fee.
How to Apply : Interested candidates may appear for Interview along with Prescribed application form, original & Attested Copies of certificates to prove age, qualifications, experience & a recent passport size photograph at the time of Interview.
Click Here To Apply
Venue of Interview : ICAR-National Research Centre on Pomegranate, NH-65, SolapurPune
Highway, Kegaon, Solapur 413 255 Tel: 0217-2354330, 2350074 .
The Council is the apex body for co-ordinating, guiding and managing research and education in agriculture including horticulture, fisheries and animal sciences in the entire country. With 101 ICAR institutes and 71 agricultural universities spread across the country this is one of the largest national agricultural systems in the world.
The ICAR has played a pioneering role in ushering Green Revolution and subsequent developments in agriculture in India through its research and technology development that has enabled the country to increase the production of foodgrains by 5 times, horticultural crops by 9.5 times, fish by 12.5 times , milk 7.8 times and eggs 39 times since 1951 to 2014, thus making a visible impact on the national food and nutritional security. It has played a major role in promoting excellence in higher education in agriculture. It is engaged in cutting edge areas of science and technology development and its scientists are internationally acknowledged in their fields.
- Initiation of the first All-India Co-ordinated Research Project on Maize in 1957
- Status of Deemed University accorded to IARI in 1958
- Establishment of the first State Agricultural University on land grant pattern at Pantnagar in 1960
- Placement of different agricultural research institutes under the purview of ICAR in 1966
- Creation of Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE) in the Ministry of Agriculture in 1973
- Opening of first Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK) at Puducherry (Pondicherry) in 1974
- Establishment of Agricultural Research Service and Agricultural Scientists’ Recruitment Board in 1975
- Launching of Lab-to-Land Programme and the National Agricultural Research Project (NARP) in 1979
- Initiation of Institution-Village Linkage Programme (IVLP) in 1995
- Establishment of National Gene Bank at New Delhi in 1996
- The ICAR was bestowed with the King Baudouin Award in 1989 for its valuable contribution in ushering in the Green Revolution. Again awarded King Baudouin Award in 2004 for research and development efforts made under partnership in Rice Wheat Consortium.
- Launching of National Agricultural Technology Project (NATP) in 1998 and National Agricultural Innovation Project (NAIP) in 2005