Permanent Account Number is a code that acts as an identification for individuals, families and corporate, especially those who pay Income Tax.
Pan Card Correction Form Download
A PAN is an extremely important document in the Indian financial context, with everyone participating in monetary activities expected to have it. Given its importance, most of us tend to carry it on us, thereby exposing it to the risk of loss or damage. While prevention is better than cure, there are times where we either lose it or require modifications to an existing card. Contrary to popular belief, such changes, modifications or reissue of PAN is a simple process, saving time and effort on our part.
Making changes or correction in PAN data
Suppose an applicant needs to change or correct a data on their PAN card. They will need to follow a process to get it done. Mentioned below are the steps that the applicant needs to follow:
First, they will have to click on the CSF Form that states ‘Request for New PAN Card or/and Changes or Correction in PAN Data’.
Once the form is filled up, the applicant can click on the submit tab.
Once the fee is paid, the applicant will be given an acknowledgement number.
The applicant is expected to keep the acknowledgement number handy to check the status of the correction application.
Corrections / Changes / Modifications in Pan Card details
There is a possibility for errors to creep into our PAN details, with the most common ones being incorrect spellings, date of birth, change of communication address, etc. While these details might not seem serious, they could have an impact and it is advisable to correct them at the earliest. This can be done by using the same PAN application form as before and entering the appropriate information. The form should be filled completely and the boxes which require changes should be ticked (on the left margin). Once uploaded these corrections will be implemented and while the Permanent Account Number would remain the same, the corrections will reflect on other details.
Documents required to reprint / modify / update existing PAN details
Modifying any details in an existing PAN card or applying for a duplicate PAN in case of theft or loss requires an applicant to furnish documents supporting the application form. These documents vary, depending on whether it is an individual, firm, group or entity who is applying and the nationality of an applicant.
Indian Individuals and Hindu Undivided Families – An Indian or HUF applying to modify or change the details in his/her PAN card should submit a copy of a valid government approved ID proof (Aadhar, Driving License, Passport, etc.), address proof (DL, utility bill, domicile certificate, etc.) and a proof of date of birth (Voter ID card, DL, passport, etc.). Individual applicants should also furnish two passport size photographs with their application.
Companies/firms/partnerships with their office in India – Companies and other entities with their office in India should submit their registration copy issued by a competent authority as their ID and address proof in order to make changes in their PAN.
Companies/firms/partnerships with office only outside India – Such entities who have no office in India should submit a copy of their registration certificate which has been issued in their country of location and duly attested by the Indian Embassy/High Commission or authorized officers. They will also have to furnish a copy of their registration certificate approved or issued by an Indian authority.
Foreign citizens – Foreign citizens (either staying in India or abroad) are required to submit an ID and address proof to support their application. This can be either their passport, citizenship identification number, copy of PIO card, etc.
Other foreign entities (other than individuals) – These entities should submit an ID and address proof which can be either their registration certificate (issued in the country of applicant) or by the Indian High Commission or Embassy in that country. A copy of the registration certificate approved by local Indian authorities is also required.
Pan Card Application Form Pdf 2017
Pan Card Form 49aa
Foreign residents and entities incorporated outside of India are also eligible for PAN. Form 49AA is the application form for the allotment of Permanent Account Number for Foreign residents and entities incorporated outside India. One can download the application form online from NSDL e-Governance official website or UTIITSL website. The applicant can submit the form once they have filled it with the correct details and attached the required documents along with the form.
Structure of Form 49AA
Form 49AA is divided into different sections with sub sections to make filling the form much easier for the applicant. The form has designated spaces for the applicant to affix their photographs on the top corners of the form. The form is divided into about 17 components, each with a different attribute.
Components of Form 49AA
Given below is a detailed explanation of all the components present on Form 49AA.
- Assessing officer code– In this section, the applicant has to mention the details of the Assessing Officer code details such as the Area code of the accounts office, Accounts office type, Range code and Accounts office number
- Full name– This is the part of the form where the individual mentions their marital status along with their first name, last name and their Sur name.
- Abbreviation of the name– This is the part of the form where in the applicant has to abbreviate their name based on what they want to be displayed on the PAN card.
- Other name– In here, the applicant has to mention the details of their other name if they were ever known by another name other than the name already mentioned.
- Gender– The part of the form where in the applicant has to mention their gender.
- Date of birth– In case of an individual applicant, the applicant has to mention their date of birth and in case of organizations, they have to mention the date of partnership/incorporation/Agreement or Trust deed.
- Father’s name– The applicant has to mention the first name, last name and surname of their father in this part of the form. This is applicable only to individual applicants and even married women should fill in this part of the form.
- Address– The applicant needs to enter the details of their residence address and office address in this part of the form. The applicant needs to be careful while filling in the address and should give the correct details.
- Address of communication– The applicant has to choose the address at which they would like to be contacted at.
- Telephone number and email id– The applicant has to mention their Country code, State code and telephone/mobile number for communication purposes.
- Status of applicant– In here, the applicant has to mention if they are an individual, a HUF member, Company, Partnership firm, etc.
- Registration number– The registration number indicates the registration number for company, firms, LLPs, etc.
- Citizenship– The applicant has to mention the country of their citizenship and ISD code of country of citizenship in this part of the form.
- Representative of the applicant in India– In here, the applicant should mention details of the representative or the agent including their address and full name.
- Documents submitted– In this part of the form, the applicant needs to mention all the documents they have submitted with the form.
- KYC details– This part of the form should be filled in by a Qualified Foreign Investor as prescribed by the regulations under SEBI. This will contain details such as the marital status, occupation details, citizenship status and more.
Pan Card New Form 2017
- IDP IELTS Admission 2017
- Sarkari Naukari Result
- Central Bank of India Recruitment 2017
- Documents Required for Aadhaar Card
- Aadhar Correction Form
- The Ahmedabad Mercantile Co-Operative Bank LTD Loan Services
- Adhar Card Application
- Indian Bank Recruitment
- Uttrakhand Rojgar Darshan SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment 2017
- Allahabad Bank Recruiting Specialist Officers 2016-17 Apply Online
- Canara Bank Recruitment
- Aadhar Card Application Status
- MGU CAT 2018 Admission Test Notification for Post Graduate
- Indian Navy
- Central India Institute Of Management And Studies Recruitment