GATE 2019 – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a National Level Entrance Test through which candidates can find admission into M. Tech./M.E./PhD Programs in IITs, IISERs, IISc and other known Institutes of India. IISc and IITs are the responsible authorities that conduct this exam on rotational basis.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a National Level Exam. It is conducted to offer admission into Master’s & Direct Doctoral Programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and Doctoral Program in relevant branches of Science
- GATE 2019 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras will conduct GATE 2019 in online mode on 02nd, 03rd, 09th & 10th February 2019, and for 24 Papers
- GATE 2019 is a National Level Post Graduate Entrance Exam for admission to M.E./M.Tech & PhD Programs at IITs, IISc, NITs, GFTIs and other Universities in India
- GATE is an examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and Seven (07) Indian Institutes of Technology (at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE
- Candidates can get complete information about GATE 2019 including pre-exam (application submission, eligibility, exam centers, etc. exam pattern, are given below.
Important Dates for GATE 2019
- GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens: 01st September 2018
- Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website): 21st September 2018 extended upto 23rd September 2018
- Extended Closing Date for Submission of (Online) Application (through Website): 01st October 2018
- Last Date for Requesting Change of Exam City (an additional fee will be applicable): 16th November 2018
- Admit Card will be available in the Online Application Portal (for printing): 04th January 2019
- Date of GATE 2019 Exam:
- 02nd February 2019 (Saturday)
- 03rd February 2019 (Sunday)
- 09th February 2019 (Saturday)
- 10th February 2019 (Sunday)
- Exam Time:
- Forenoon: 09:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
- Afternoon: 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM (Tentative)
- Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal Saturday 16th March 2019
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2019
- Age Limit – There is no age limit for GATE applicants.
- Nationality – The candidates should be of Indian nationality. Candidates belonging to Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia and United Arab Emirates will also be eligible for GATE 2019.
- Before starting the application process, the candidate must ensure that he/she meets the educational eligibility criteria of GATE 2019, which are enumerated in given below:
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the second or higher year of such programs
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those who are in the fourth or higher year of such programs
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five-year integrated B.Sc. /M.Sc. degree and those who are in the final year of such programmes
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through exams conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE/MHRD as equivalent to BE/B. Tech; those who have completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible
- There is no minimum pass percentage in the qualifying degree while applying for GATE 2019
Exam Pattern for GATE 2019
- GATE 2019 Examination will be conducted for 24 papers (subjects) as listed in Table 4.2
- A candidate can appear for only one of the 24 GATE papers. The exam for all the papers will be conducted in an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT) mode where the candidates will be shown the questions on a computer screen
- All the papers of the GATE 2019 Exam will be for 3 hours duration and they consist of 65 questions for a total of 100 marks. Since the Exam is an Online Computer Based Test, at the end of the stipulated time (3-hours), computer will automatically close the screen inhibiting any further action
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 40 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam
- Candidates can login and start reading the instructions 20 minutes before the start of exam. Candidate will NOT be permitted to enter the examination hall after 09:30 hours in the forenoon session and after 14:30 hours in the afternoon session
- Candidates will NOT be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the exam
Pattern of Questions
- GATE 2019 would contain questions of two different types in all the papers:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to select (mark) the correct answer.
- Negative Marking for Wrong Answers: For a wrong answer chosen in a MCQ, there will be negative marking. For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
- Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. There is NO negative marking for a wrong answer in NAT questions.
- In all the papers, there will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks will be on General Aptitude (GA), which is intended to test the Language and Analytical Skills
- In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE, the Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- In the papers bearing the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, ST and XL, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
- For further details regarding exam pattern, please refer to the website www.gate.iitg.ac.in
- Syllabus for each of the papers, previous years GATE (model) question papers, and mock exam links along with virtual scientific calculator will be available on GATE 2019
- GATE 2019 Exams will be conducted in the following cities abroad: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Colombo (Sri Lanka), Dhaka (Bangladesh), Dubai (UAE), Kathmandu (Nepal), Singapore
- The application fee for Dubai (UAE) and Singapore centres is US$ 100; and for the remaining it is US$ 50. Candidates of any nationality can opt for international centres.
- Tentative list of the cities (zone-wise) in which GATE 2019 Examis planned to be held. Also given in the below are the details of the Zonal GATE Offices
- IISc Bangalore Bengaluru – [Ananthapuramu, Angamaly, Bagalkot, Ballari (Bellary), Belagavi (Belgaum), Bengaluru, Bidar, Davanagere, Hassan, Hubballi (Hubli), Hyderabad, Kalaburagi (Gulbarga), Kannur, Kasaragod, Kolar, Kozhikode, Kurnool, Malappuram, Mangaluru, Manipal, Mysuru (Mysore), Palakkad, Payyanur, Port Blair, Shivamogga (Shimoga), Thrissur, Tumakuru, Vatakara]
- IIT Bombay, Powai Mumbai – [Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Amravati, Anand, Aurangabad, Baramati, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Gandhinagar, Goa, Jalgaon, Kankavli, Kolhapur, Mehsana, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pune, Rajkot, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Surat, Thane, Vadodara]
- IIT Delhi, HauzKhas,New Delhi – [Ajmer, Alwar, Bahadurgarh-Rohtak, Bikaner, Faridabad, Greater Noida, Gurugram, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, Karnal, Kota, Mathura, New Delhi, Palwal, Samba, Sikar, Udaipur, Ujjain]
- IIT Guwahati – [Agartala, Asansol-Durgapur, Burdwan, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Itanagar, Jorhat, Kalyani, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Shillong, Silchar, Siliguri, Tezpur]
- IIT Kanpur- [Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Jabalpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi]
- IIT Kharagpur- [Balasore, Berhampur (Odisha), Bhilai, Bhimavaram, Bhubaneswar, Bilaspur (CG), Cuttack, Eluru, Hooghly, Jamshedpur, Kakinada (Surampalem), Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Rajamahendravaram (Rajahmundry), Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Tadepalligudem, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram]
- IIT Madras Chennai – [Alappuzha, Aluva, Attingal, Bapatla, Chengannur, Chennai, Chittoor, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dindigul, Ernakulam, Erode-Thiruchengode, Gudur, Guntur, Idukki, Kadapa, Kanjirapally, Kanyakumari-Nagercoil, Karimnagar, Karur, Khammam, Kollam, Kothamangalam, Kottayam, Madurai, Muvattupuzha, Nalgonda, Namakkal, Nedumangad, Nellore, Ongole, Pala, Puducherry (Pondicherry), Punalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thiruvannamalai, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Tuticorin, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar, Warangal]
- IIT Roorkee- [Ambala, Amritsar, Baddi (HP), Bathinda, Bhimtal, Dehradun, Ghaziabad, Haldwani, Hamirpur (HP), Jalandhar, Khanna, Kurukshetra, Ludhiana, Meerut, Mohali, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Noida, Panipat, Pathankot, Patiala, Roorkee, Sangrur, Shimla-Solan, Sonepat, Una, Yamunanagar]
- The Admit Card for GATE 2019 will be available ONLY on GOAPS website
- A candidate has to download his/her Admit Card from this website. The Admit Card would be available for download, tentatively from 04th January 2019. Note that the Admit Cards will NOT be sent to the candidates by post/e-mail
- Candidates must bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card to the Exam for the verification along with the original and valid photo Identity Document (NO photocopy/scanned copy/NOT an expired document), which was specified during the filling up of the online application (for example: Passport, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License)
GATE 2019 Application Procedure
- Application for GATE 2019 must be submitted ONLINE (through GOAPS website http://appsgate.iitm.ac.in) by paying necessary application fee
- For GATE 2019, all information related to the application process will be available in the GOAPS website
- The photograph, signature, certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate (SC/ST/PwD) and/or Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable, must be uploaded during the online application
- Candidates must enter the ID number specified in any one of the following IDs: Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar-UID, College ID, Employee ID and Driving License. The candidates, who do not possess any of these identity cards, may please procure any one of them before making the application.
- Please note that the GATE application form is not available for sale or otherwise anywhere
- Details of the Application Fee are given in below.
- The Application Fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable
- Payments have to be made online by using either net banking or debit card or credit card. As per the prevailing norms, additional online transaction charges or bank charges can be applicable. These charges will be specified on the payment portal
For Centres in India
- Female Candidates [on or before 21st Sept. 2018] – Rs.750/-& [During the Exam Period] Rs.1250/-
- SC/ST/PwD Category Candidates [on or before 21st Sept. 2018] – Rs.750/- & [During the Exam Period] Rs.1250/-
- All other Candidates [on or before 21st Sept. 2018] Rs.1500/- & [During the Exam Period] Rs.2000/-
For Centres Abroad
- Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu[on or before 21st Sept. 2018]: US$ 50& [During the Exam Period] – US$ 70
- Dubai and Singapore [on or before 21st Sept. 2018]: US$ 100& [During the Exam Period] – US$ 120
- Payments would have to be made through online by using net banking or debit card or e-Challan facilities
- Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. This charge will be specified on the payment portal.
- Sarkari Naukari Result
- ONGC Jobs For Graduate Trainees Across India.
- Inderprastha Engineering College
- GATE 2018 Exam Details and Online Application
- GATE 2018 Details – Management Trainee Technical
- IDP IELTS Admission 2017
- IIT Guwahati GATE 2018 Result with Score Card 2018 www.gate.iitg.ac.in
- Amu Exam Controller
- Arunai Engineering College
- NDA 2 2018 – Notification, Admit Card, Exam Dates, Application, Syllabus
- NMIMS NMAT 2019 – Dates, Eligibility, Application
- MP Vyapam Jail Prahari Previous Papers – Download Old Question Paper Pdf @ peb.mp.gov.in
- SSC JE Admit Card 2017-18: Document Verification-freerojgarsamachar
- MGU CAT 2018 Admission Test Notification for Post Graduate
- IBPS Recruitment 2017 Management Trainee / PO Post