Indian Forest Service Syllabus 2019 Pdf along with exam pattern is available here for the latest Vacancies. Candidates can get here the complete Union Public Service Commission Indian Forest Services Syllabus Pdf along with the Exam Pattern – www.upsc.gov.in. Aspirants need to appear for the Prelims and Mains Written Examination for which we have given here the detail links for the Syllabus here.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Syllabus 2019
The UPSC notification applied candidates can check the Latest Union Public Service Commission syllabus 2019 here. Check IFS Exam syllabus latest updates on worldfreshers.in. Candidates who are searching for this syllabus have to check here. We provide Indian Forest Service Exam Syllabus Pdf with exam pattern. Candidates interested in UPSC Jobs have to good preparation. Union Public Service Commission is one of the toughest examinations but you can crack it with proper Preparation. UPSC Syllabus is the first step to start your preparation. Candidates who are preparing for this exam have to download the syllabus. We provide a direct link to get Syllabus pdf along with exam pattern here.
Union PSC Exam Details – IFOS Syllabus 2019
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Exam||Indian Forest Service Examination|
|Indian Forest Service Prelims Exam 2019||2nd June 2019|
Get all State Government jobs vacancies updates through Sarkari Naukri Web page of www.worldfreshers.in website. Union Public Service Commission has released a notification to fill forest Services Jobs in India central government department. Many people have the dream of doing the Union Public Service Commission Forestry Jobs. For those candidates, We provide complete details regarding this notification. Candidates who wish to apply for Union Public Service Commission notification can check full details in below Notification link. Individuals can get the latest updates on the hiring process from below notification link.
Indian Forest Service Exam Selection Process
Candidates who are applying for the Indian Forest Service Examination will be selected based on the following selection criteria –
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
Indian Forest Service Exam Pattern 2019
|S. No||Subject Name||Marks|
|Prelims – Part A|
|1.||General Knowledge (Paper: I)||200|
|2.||General Studies (Paper: II)||200|
|Mains – Part B|
|3.||Paper I – General English||300|
|4.||General Knowledge-Paper II||300|
|5.||Paper III, IV, V & VI – Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers.||200 Marks for each paper|
|6.||Interview for Personality Test||300|
The UPSC Indian Forest Services Exam has two exams Prelims and Mains.
Union PSC Forestry Prelims Exam Details:
- Questions will be set in both English and Hindi.
- The IFS Forestry Exam questions will be of Multiple Choice (Objective Type).
- Paper II of Civil Services Forestry (Prelims Examination) is the qualifying paper.
- The Fixed Minimum Qualifying marks are at 33%.
- The Prelims Examination will be with Total 400 marks (Paper I & II) and exam duration each of Two Hours (Paper I, Paper II).
Click on the link below to get Union PSC given exam pattern for Indian Forest Service Exam pattern.
Union Public Service Commission IFS Syllabus 2019
Indian Forest Service Prelims Syllabus 2019
Paper- I: General Knowledge
- Current Event of National and International importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography.
- Indian polity and Governance.
- Economic and Social Development.
- General Science.
- General Issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change.
Paper – II: General Studies
- Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills.
- Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving.
- General Mental Ability.
- Basic Numeracy, Data Interpretation.
General English Syllabus
- The English paper would consist of an essay and passages to write the summary
- The standard level of papers in General English and General Knowledge are for a Science or Engineering graduate of an Indian University.
- Other questions are to test the general understanding of English and everyday use of words.
- Agricultural Engineering.
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
Optional Subjects Syllabus
|UPSC IFS Agriculture Syllabus|
|UPSC IFS Agricultural Engineering Syllabus|
|UPSC IFS Animal Husbandry|
|UPSC IFS Botany Syllabus|
|UPSC IFS Chemistry Syllabus|
|UPSC IFS Chemical Engineering Syllabus|
|UPSC IFS Civil Engineering Syllabus|
|UPSC IFS Forestry Syllabus|
|UPSC IFS Geology Syllabus|
|UPSC IFS Mathematics Syllabus|
|UPSC IFS Mechanical Engineering Syllabus|
|UPSC IFS Physics Syllabus|
|UPSC IFS Statistics Syllabus|
|UPSC IFS Zoology Syllabus|
Click on the link to get Union PSC published Syllabus for IFS Forestry Exam 2019.
UPSC Forestry Syllabus 2019 – Mains
- Candidates will be required to write an essay in English.
- Other questions will be designed to test their understanding of the workmanlike use of words.
- Passages will usually be set for summary or precise.
- General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject.
- The paper will also include questions on Indian Polity including the political system and the Constitution of India, History of India and Geography of nature which the candidate should be able to answer without special study.
The Union PSC Indian Forest Service Exam Optional Subjects consists of 14 Subjects they are as follows:
- It consists of 2 papers Paper 1 & Paper 2.
- The detailed information regarding Paper 1 & Paper 2 is enclosed in the below pdf.
- Agricultural Engineering:
- It consists of two papers. In that Paper, I include two sections A & B. Paper II also consists of two sections, i.e., A & B.
- The Detailed Information regarding Paper 1 & Paper 2 is enclosed in below pdf.
- Paper 1 Section A consists of:
- Soil and Water Conservation
- Aerial Photography and Remote Sensing.
- Paper 1 Section B Consists of:
- Irrigation and Drainage
- Agricultural Structures.
- Paper 2 Section A Consists of:
- Farm Power and Machinery
- Paper 2 Section B Consists of:
- Agricultural Process Engineering
- Instrumentation and computer applications in Agricultural Engineering.
3. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science:
Paper I Topics:
- Animal Nutrition
- Trends in protein nutrition
- Minerals in animal diet
- Vitamins, Hormones and Growth Stimulating, substances
- Advances in Ruminant Nutrition-Dairy Cattle
- The Advances in Non-Ruminant Nutrition-Poultry
- Advances in Non-Ruminant Nutrition
- The Advances in Applied Animal Nutrition
- Animal Physiology
- Growth and Animal Production
- Milk Production and Reproduction and Digestion
- Environmental Physiology
- Semen quality
- Livestock Production and Management
- Commercial Dairy Farming
- Commercial meat, egg and wool production
- Feeding and management of animals.
- Genetics and Animal Breeding
- Population Genetics Applied to Animal Breeding
- Breeding Systems.
Paper II Topics:
- Health and Hygiene
- Histology and Histological Techniques
- Bovine Anatomy-Regional Anatomy
- Anatomy of Fowl
- Physiology of blood and its circulation, respiration; excretion, Endocrine glands in health and disease
- Blood constituents
- Endocrine glands
- General knowledge of pharmacology and therapeutics of drugs
- Veterinary Hygiene with reference to water, air, and habitation.
- Animal Diseases
- Veterinary Public Health
- Milk and Milk Products Technology
- Milk Technology
- Veterinary Jurisprudence
- Milk Products Technology.
- Meat Hygiene and Technology
- Meat Hygiene
- Poultry Products Technology
- Meat Technology
- Rabbit/Fur Animal farming
UPSC Indian Forest Service Syllabus Pdf – Botany:
- Microbiology and Plant Pathology
- Phanerogams: Gymnosperms
- Plant Utility and Exploitation
- Cell Biology
- Genetics, Molecular Biology, and Evolution
- Plant Breeding, Biotechnology, and Biostatistics
- Physiology and Biochemistry
- Ecology and Plant Geography.
Paper – I:
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding
- Solid State
- The gaseous state
- Thermodynamics and statistical thermodynamics
- Phase equilibria and solutions
- Chemical kinetics
- Surface phenomena and catalysis
- Bio-inorganic chemistry
- Coordination chemistry
- General chemistry of ‘f’ block elements
- Non-Aqueous Solvents.
Paper – II:
- Delocalized covalent bonding
- Reaction mechanisms
- Reactive Intermediates
- Substitution reactions
- Elimination reactions
- Addition reactions
- Pericyclic reactions
- Chemistry and mechanism of reactions
- Polymeric Systems
- Physical chemistry of polymers
- Preparation and properties of polymers
- Synthetic uses of reagents
- Principles of spectroscopy and applications in structure elucidation
- Rotational spectra
- Vibrational spectra
- Electronic spectra
- Nuclear magnetic resonance
- Mass spectra
- Electron spin resonance.
PAPER-I: Section A
- Fluid and Particle Dynamics
- Mass Transfer
- Heat Transfer
- Noval Separation Processes
- Process Equipment Design
- Process Dynamics and Control.
Personality Test & Interview – Part C
- The candidates interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers. The record of a candidate’s career will be present before the interviewers.
- The object of the interview is to assess the suitability of the candidate for the Service. The candidate expected to have an all-around personality.
- He/She should have an intelligent interest not only in his academics but also should be aware of his cultural, political and social surroundings.
- He/She should be aware of current affairs, modern current of thoughts and new discoveries happening around him both within and outside his own State or country.
- The technique of the interview will not be a strict cross-examination like a question and answer session.
- It would be more like a natural, though directed and purposive conversation, intended to reveal the personal qualities of the candidate.
- The Board will pay special attention to assessing the intellectual curiosity, critical powers of observation and assimilation, balance of judgment and alertness of mind, initiative, tact, capacity for leadership; the ability for social cohesion, mental and physical energy and powers of practical application; integrity of character; and other qualities such as topographical sense, love for out-door life and the desire to explore unknown and out of way places.
Download UPSC IFS Forestry Syllabus 2019
Click on the below to get direct Union Public Service Commission Forestry Syllabus 2019 PDF. Keep visiting our website to know the latest updates about Indian Forest Service.
- UPSC IFS Syllabus 2019 Pdf – Click Here
- Download UPSC IFS Previous Year Question Papers – Click Here
- None Found