TS EdCET 2020: Telangana State Council Of Higher Education Masab Tank, Hyderabad has announced the exam date of the examination. The date of examination is May 23, 2020. They will conduct Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test 2020 in online mode.
|Notification releases||4th week of Feb 2020|
|Release of online application form||4th week of Feb 2020|
|Application last date (without late fee)||3rd week of Apr 2020|
|Application last date (with late fee)||1st week of May 2020|
|Hall ticket releases||4th week of May 2020|
|TS EdCET 2020||23 May 2020|
|Answer Key releases||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Answer key objection last date||1st week of Jun 2020|
|Results||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Counselling starts||1st week of Aug 2020|
- TS EDCET 2020 Registration will commence from the last week of February 2020.
- The registration fee for general/ OBC candidates is INR 400 and INR 200 for SC/ST candidates.
- TS EDCET 2020 Exam will be a two hour long offline test having 150 MCQs of one mark each.
- The paper will be set in English, Telugu and Urdu languages. Check TS EDCET Exam pattern
- TS EDCET 2020 Syllabus includes General English, Teaching Aptitude and Methodology.
- After the merit list is displayed on the website, applicants should visit the University to attend counselling. Check TS EDCET 2020 Participating Colleges
What is TS EdCET?
Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test (TSEdCET) is conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education. The exam is conducted in online mode to provide admission to candidates in two-year B.Ed courses offered at the Colleges of Education in Telangana State.
TSEdCET Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||TS EdCET (Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test) 2020|
|Conducting Body||Osmania University, Hyderabad|
|Exam Mode||Online only|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to B.Ed course offered at colleges of Telangana State|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||9666684011|
TS EDCET 2020 Highlights
|Conducting Body||Osmania University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
|Medium of Exam||English, Telugu and Urdu|
What is TS EdCET 2020 Eligibility ?
Candidates having bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks will be eligible for the exam. TS EDCET 2020 Registration will commence from the last week of February 2020. The registration fee for general/ OBC candidates is INR 400 and INR 200 for SC/ST candidates.
Duration of Exam: 2 hours
Qualification Criteria for TS Ed CET B.Ed Admissions 2020
The candidates who are eligible for the TS EdCET B.Ed Admissions 2020 must have cleared the following criteria:
- Applicants should have completed the 10th/ Matriculation along with ITT Course from a recognized board/Institution with passing marks.
- The Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
- Aspirants who have passed/appearing for final year examination in B.A./B.Sc/B.Sc (Home Science)/B.Com/B.C.A./B.B.M. with at least 50% marks (40% for Reserved Categories) are eligible.
- Candidates having Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with Specialization in Science and mathematics with 55% aggregate marks are eligible.
What is TS EdCET 2020 Pattern ?
TSEdCET 2020 exam pattern is such that there are a total of 150 objective-type multiple choice questions of 150 marks that candidates need to answer in two hours duration. It may be noted that TSEdCET 2020 is a computer-based test.
All 150 questions are divided into three parts – A, B, and C. Part A and B are common for all candidates. Part C of the question paper changes according to the methodology chosen by a candidate. A candidate needs to choose one methodology/ subject out of the given five methodologies/ subjects (mentioned in the table below).
For further clarity on TSEdCET 2020 exam pattern candidates can refer the table below:
|Part||Subject||Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
Marking Scheme: One mark is allotted to each correct answer. The official website does not specify if there will be any negative marking in the exam.
Medium of instruction of the question paper is English and Telugu. However, for candidates opting for English methodology the medium of the question paper is English only. Also, “candidates opting to write the entrance test in Urdu medium are served with Urdu paper and such candidates shall opt Hyderabad only as test centre,” informs the official website.
What is TS EdCET 2020 Syllabus ?
The candidates have to know the syllabus before they start preparing for TS EdCET 2020. The syllabus for TS EdCET 2020 is divided into 3 parts : General English, General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude and Maths/ Physical Sciences/ Biological Sciences/ English/ Social studies.
Part A – General English: This section will have questions from the following topics.
- Reading Comprehension
- Correction of Sentences, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Spelling, Voice
- Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms.
- Transformation of Sentences – Simple, Compound and Complex. Direct Speech and Indirect Speech
Part B – General Knowledge and Teaching Aptitude: This section will have questions from the following areas:
- General knowledge of the environment around
- Current events
- India and its neighboring countries
- Ability to communicate and deal with Children
Part C – Mathematics / Physical Sciences / Biological Sciences / Social studies / English: Out of the 5 available subjects in Part C, the candidates have to select any one subject to appear for the exam. This section is further divided into sub-sections as follows:
|Physical Sciences||Biological Sciences||Social Studies|
- None Found