Indian Air Force (IAF) has released the notification for Group X and Group Y Trades recruitment. The vacancies are for unmarried male (Indian/Nepalese) candidates for the 2022 intake. The exam is scheduled for 2021. The exam pattern and the Air Force syllabus are given in detail in the following sections. The candidates applying for the Air Force Group X and Group Y vacancies in 2021 are recommended to read the Sarkari exam post to know more details. Get notifications for different vacancies and employment news by signing up for free job alert.
About Indian Air Force
The Indian Air Force is a part of the Indian Armed Forces. Indian Air Force ranks fourth amongst the air forces in the world. Founded in the year 1932, IAF is headquartered in New Delhi, and the commander-in-chief is the honorable President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind. IAF is conducting recruitment for Airmen, and the selection is through the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT).
Air Force Syllabus 2021 Overview
An overview of the Air Force syllabus is given below:
|Air Force Group Y and Group X Syllabus Overview|
|Organization Name||Indian Air Force|
|Name of the Post||Airmen (Group X and Y)|
|Last Date to Apply||February 7, 2021|
Air Force Group X and Group Y Eligibility Criteria 2021
Candidates interested in applying for Air Force recruitment for Technical Trades (Group X) and Non-Technical Trades (Group Y)must be born between January 16, 2001, and December 29, 2004. Candidates must be 21 years of age or less as of the date of enrolment. The educational qualifications are mentioned below:
- Group X: Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics, and English as subjects. The candidates must have 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
- Group Y (Except IAF(s) and Musician Trades): Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations in relevant subjects approved by the Central/State Education Board with 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
Air Force Group X and Group Y Syllabus 2021
Candidates applying for the Air Force recruitment vacancies can follow the syllabus and the exam pattern in this post to prepare for the written examination.
- To judge comprehension
- Drawing of inferences
- Use of vocabulary.
- Agreement of subject with the verb
- Pattern of verb
- Use of verb
- Sequence of tenses
- Transformation of sequences
- Word formation
- Antonyms and synonyms
- One word substitution
- Usage of articles
- Usage of prepositions
- Usage of adjectives-degrees of comparison
- Usage of conjunctions
- Usage of nouns and pronouns
- Usage of numbers (singular/plural)
- Usage of adverbs
- Word order
- Idioms and Phrases
- Use of simple idioms
- Use of common proverbs
- Narration Change: Direct/Indirect Sentences
- Change of sentences from direct to indirect form
- Change of sentences from indirect to direct form
- Active and Passive Voices
- Change of sentences from active to passive form
- Change of sentences from passive to the active form
Reasoning and General Awareness (RGA)
- Numerical series
- Distance and direction sense test
- Mathematical operations (Assigning Value to Arithmetic Sign)
- Number ranking & time sequence test
- Assigning artificial values to mathematical digit
- Inserting correct mathematical digit
- Human relation
- Coding and decoding
- Odd man out
- Mutual relation problem
- Tallest youngest relation
- Dictionary words
- Non-verbal reasoning
- Number coding
- Number puzzle
- Ratio and proportion average
- LCM, HCF
- Profit and loss
- Time, distance and speed
- Simplification of numbers
- Area of triangle, square, and rectangle
- Surface area and volume of cuboid, cylinder, cone, and sphere
- Simple trigonometry
GK and CA
- General science
- Current events
- Basic computer operation
Air Force Exam Pattern 2021
The examination will be conducted online, and the duration will be 45 minutes for Group Y. For Group X, the total duration of the examination is 60 minutes. The questions will be of objective type and bilingual.
- Every correct answer will receive one mark.
- Every wrong answer will have a 0.25 mark deduction.
- No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
The following is the marking scheme:
|Group Y||Reasoning and General Awareness||30||50|
|Group X and Y||English||20||100|
|Reasoning and General Awareness||30|
Other Government Exams and Syllabus
- RSMSSB Syllabus
- PSSSB Syllabus
- PNB Syllabus
- FSSAI Syllabus
Air Force Group X and Group Y Syllabus FAQs
The subjects for the Group Y examination are English, and Reasoning and General Awareness.
Group Y’s selection process includes a written examination, document verification, physical fitness test, adaptation test 1 and 2, and medical examination.
You can apply through the official website, www.airmenselection.cdac.in.
For more updates on upcoming government exams, check out the free job alert or visit the Sarkari exam page.
The post Air Force Group X and Group Y Syllabus 2021 appeared first on .