SSC CPO Syllabus: The SSC CPO Recruitment 2020 notification has been issued by the Staff Selection Commission on 17 July 2020. Candidates who have filled the application form for SSC CPO Recruitment 2020 should have complete knowledge of SSC CPO Syllabus. If the candidate has complete knowledge of SSC CPO Syllabus 2020, he can make his exam strategy well. Many students fill the application form but they do not know what the syllabus of SSC CPO is. If you are really serious about SSC CPO exam 2020 then you should have complete knowledge of SSC CPO syllabus and SSC CPO exam pattern.
This article gives detailed information about SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 and SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020 in detail. Candidates who are preparing for SSC CPO should download the SSC CPO Syllabus PDF and keep it safe with you. The link to download SSC CPO Syllabus PDF is given in the important download link section below. Candidates can download the syllabus from there.
The selection process of recruitment to the posts of Central Police Sub Inspector and Delhi Police Sub Inspector conducted by Staff Selection Commission will be conducted in 3 phases. Written tests will be conducted in the first phase. In the second phase, the Physical Standard Test / Physical Endurance Test of the candidates will be conducted. In the third phase, a written examination of the candidates will be conducted. After that, the candidates will have a detailed medical examination.
Candidates who pass the written examination will be called for the Physical Standard Test (PST) / Physical Endurance Test (PET) and the candidates who pass this examination will be called for the Second Written Examination. Candidates who have passed this written examination will be called for medical examination.
In this article, the complete information about SSC CPO Syllabus and SSC CPO Exam Pattern is given in detail, after reading all the information thoroughly, you can plan your exam strategy. Apart from the information related to the SSC CPO syllabus and exam pattern, if the candidate has to get any kind of information, then he can ask his questions in the comment box given below.
Important Download Links
SSC CPO Syllabus Pdf
SSC CPO Exam Pattern
SSC CPO Previous Year Question Paper
SSC CPO Cut Off
SSC CPO Notification 2020
SSC CPO Website
Other Government Jobs
SSC CPO SI Selection Process 2020
The SSC CPO SI selection process will be conducted in three phases.
- First Stage: Written Examination (Paper-1) (Objective Type) (200 Marks)
- Second Stage: Physical Endurance Test (PET), PST and Medical Test
- Third Phase: Written Examination (Paper-2) (Objective Type) (200 Marks)
SSC CPO Exam Pattern: Paper-1
- Paper-1 consists of 4 parts (A) General Intelligence and Reasoning, (B) General Knowledge and General Awareness, (C) Quantitative Aptitude, (D) English Comprehension.
- Each part will have 50 questions and each question will carry 1 mark. The exam duration is 2 hours.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-1, but there is no negative marking for unanswered questions.
- In paper-1, objective type multiple choice questions are asked, all subjects except English Comprehension will be asked in both Hindi and English languages.
- The candidates receiving NCC ‘C’ certificate will be awarded a 10 number bonus.
- 06 numbers will be awarded as a bonus to the candidates receiving NCC ‘B’ certificate.
- 04 numbers will be awarded as a bonus to the candidates receiving NCC ‘A’ certificate.
No. of Ques.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
General Knowledge and General Awareness
SSC CPO Physical Endurance Test / Physical Standard Test
- For Male Candidates: 170 cm
- For male candidates from Garhwal, Kumaoni, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkha, Dogra, Maratha, Kashmir Valley, Leh and Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir, North Eastern State, and Sikkim: 165 cm
- For all Scheduled Tribe (ST) Male candidates: 162.5 cm
- For Female Candidates: 157 cm
- For women candidates from Garhwal, Kumaoni, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkha, Dogra, Maratha, Kashmir Valley, Leh and Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir, North Eastern State, and Sikkim: 155 centimeters
- For all Scheduled Tribe (ST) women candidates: 154 centimeters
Chest: (This test will be conducted for male candidates only)
- For Male Candidates: 80 cm without Expand 85 cm With Expand
- For Male candidates from Garhwal, Kumaoni, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkha, Dogra, Maratha, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir, North Eastern State and Sikkim: 80 cm without Expand and 85 cm With Expand
- For all Scheduled Tribe (Scheduled Tribe) male candidates: 77 cm without Expand and 82 cm With Expand
For Male Candidates
- 100 Meter Race: 16 Seconds
- 1.6 km Running: 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3 chances to be given for 3.65 meters
- High Jump: 3 chances will be given for 1.2 meters
- Shot Put: Three chances will be given for 4.5 meters
For Women Candidates
- 100 Meter Race: 18 Seconds
- 800 Meter Running: 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 3 chances to be given for 2.7 meters
- High Jump: 3 chances to be given for 0.9 meters
SSC CPO Medical Test
- Eyesight: The minimum distance vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without glasses.
- The candidate should not have varicose veins or squint in the knee, flat feet, eyes, and should have high color vision.
- Candidates should be in good mental condition and free from any physical defect.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern Paper-2
- Paper-2 is about the English language and understanding.
- Paper-2 200 questions 200 marks.
- The exam duration is 2 hours.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-2, but there is no negative marking for unanswered questions.
English Language and Comprehension
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 Question Paper-1
SC CPO Syllabus 2020: Part-A-Quantitative Aptitude
- Whole Numbers
- Fractions and Relationships Between Numbers
- Ratio and Proportion
- Square Roots
- Profit & Loss
- Partnership Business
- Mixture and Allegation
- Time and Distance
- Time & Work
- Basic Algebraic Identities of School Algebra And Elementary Surds
- Graphs of Linear Equations
- Triangle and Its Various Kinds of Centres
- Congruence and Similarity Of Triangles
- Circle and Its Chords
- Angles Subtended By Chords of A Circle
- Common Tangents to Two or More Circles
- Regular Polygons
- Right Prism
- Right Circular Cone
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Rectangular Parallelepiped
- Regular Right Pyramid with Triangular or Square Base
- Trigonometric Ratio
- Degree and Radian Measures
- Standard Identities
- Complementary Angles
- Heights and Distances
- Frequency Polygon
- Bar Diagram & Pie Chart
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020: Part-B-General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Similarities And Differences
- Space Visualization
- Spatial Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Visual Memory
- Relationship Concepts
- Arithmetical Reasoning And Figural Classification
- Arithmetic Number Series
- Non-Verbal Series
- Coding And Decoding
- Statement Conclusion
- Syllogistic Reasoning
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic/ Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy
- Semantic Classification
- Symbolic/ Number Classification
- Figural Classification,
- Semantic Series
- Number Series
- Figural Series
- Problem Solving
- Word Building
- Coding & Decoding
- Numerical Operations
- Symbolic Operations,
- Space Orientation
- Space Visualization
- Venn Diagrams
- Drawing Inferences
- Punched Hole/ Pattern-Folding & Unfolding
- Figural Pattern Folding And Completion
- Indexing Address Matching
- Date & City Matching
- Classification Of Centre Codes/ Roll Numbers
- Small & Capital Letters/ Numbers
- Coding, Decoding, and Classification
- Embedded Figures
- Critical Thinking,
- Emotional Intelligence
- Social Intelligence, Etc.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020: Part-C-General Knowledge and General Awareness
- General Awareness
- Knowledge of Current Events
- India and Its Neighboring Countries
- Economic Scene
- General Polity
- Indian Constitution
- Scientific Research etc.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020: Part-D-English Comprehension
- Candidate’s ability to understand correct English, his/ her basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020: Paper-2
- Common Error
- Improvement of Sentence
- Transformation of Sentence ( Active/ Passive)
- Direct Indirect
- Fill in the Blanks
- One Word Substitution/ Group of Words
- Idiom Phrases
- Selection of Miss Spelt Word/ Correctly Spelt Word3
- Arrangement of Sentences
- Cloze Test
- Comprehension Test
Document verification will be done after passing the medical examination. Candidates should have original certificates in document verification. All candidates eligible for document verification are required to appear for document verification along with a photocopy and original documents. During document verification, candidates have to indicate the positions/forces for which they should be considered in order of preference. The details of various posts are as follows:
- Sub Inspector Delhi Police (A)
- Sub Inspector Border Security Force (B)
- Sub Inspector Central Industrial Security Force (C)
- Sub Inspector Indo Tibet Border Police Force (D)
- Sub Inspector Sashastra Seema Bal (F)
The choice/preference once exercised by the candidates will be considered final. A subsequent request for change of post/force by the candidates will not be entertained under any circumstances. If the candidate has not opted for the post/force, he/she will not be considered for the selection of such post irrespective of his / her qualification. Therefore, candidates should do due diligence and be very careful while giving their preferences.
While appearing for document verification, candidates have to bring two passport size recent color photographs and an original valid photo identity card. Photo ID proof can be:
- Printout of Aadhaar card
- Voter ID Card.
- Pan Card
- driving license
- Government School / College ID Card.
- Employer ID (Government / PSU)
- Any other photo ID card issued by Central / State Government
Candidates will have to submit copies of various documents-
- Matriculation / secondary certificate
- Educational qualification certificate
- Caste/category certificate, if it falls under reserved categories.
- Driving license for motorcycle and car
- Certificate seeking any age relaxation.
- No Objection Certificate in a case already working in the government.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
The minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I and Paper-II (without adding bonus marks for NCC certificate holders) are as follows
- Unreserved Category: 30% minimum
- Other Backward Classes / Economically Weaker Section: 25% minimum
- For all other Category: 20% minimum
- A Physical Efficiency Test is required for all the candidates but it will be qualifying only and will not be added to the merit list. Ex-servicemen are not required to undergo PET.
- Only candidates who qualify in PET / PST will be allowed to appear in Paper-II examination.
Frequently Asked Questions Related to SSC CPO
Question.1: What is SSC CPO?
Answer: The full name of SSC CPO is Staff Selection Commission Central Police Institute. Every year the SSC CPO exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission i.e. SSC for the selection of qualified candidates for the posts of Sub Inspector in Central Security Forces and for the posts of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police. The candidates selected by this examination will be recruited to the posts of Sub Inspector in the Central Security Forces like BSF, CISF, CRPF, along with the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police.
Question.2: Which post will be received after passing the SSC CPO exam?
Answer: The candidates who pass the SSC CPO exam will be appointed to the post of Sub Inspector and Assistant Sub Inspector.
Q.3: What will be the salary of SSC CPO Sub Inspector and Assistant Sub Inspector?
Answer: Selected candidates for the post of SSC CPO Sub Inspector and Assistant Sub Inspector will be given a salary of Rs.35, 400-1, 12,400 / – per month.
Question.4: What is the full form of SSC CPO?
Answer: Central Police Organization is the full form of SSC CPO.
People Also Search
SSC CPO Syllabus
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 Pdf Download
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020
SSC CPO Syllabus and Exam Pattern
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 in Hindi
SSC CPO Syllabus Grade up
SSC CPO Syllabus in Hindi
SSC CPO Syllabus in Hindi Pdf