Union Public Service Commission has started inviting applications for the 2021 recruitment drive. There are several vacancies, and interested candidates can apply through the official website of UPSC. Candidates can check their eligibility in this Sarkari exam post. The vacancies are for various administrations and ministries, and candidates must read the official notification before applying. Sign up for free job alerts to get the latest updates on government jobs, exams, and more.
Union Public Service Commission or UPSC is a recruiting agency that conducts recruitment for All India Services, Cadres, Central Services, and the Armed Forces of the Union of India. UPSC examination is a competitive exam conducted through which the candidates are selected for the services mentioned earlier. The official website of UPSC is www.upsc.gov.in.
UPSC Recruitment 2021 Overview
An overview of UPSC recruitment is given below, with important dates, vacancies, etc.
|UPSC Recruitment 2021 Overview|
|Conducting Authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Last Date to Apply||February 11, 2021|
UPSC Careers 2021
UPSC conducts recruitment for various posts. Some of them are Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), and Indian Audit and Accounts Service. UPSC conducts regular recruitments for various vacancies. The latest recruitment details of UPSC is given in the following sections.
UPSC Vacancies 2021
The vacancies for UPSC recruitment 2021 are as follows:
|Junior Technical Officer||06|
|Assistant Director (Fishing Harbour)||01|
|Specialist Grade III Assistant Professor (Forensic Medicine)||06|
|Specialist Grade III Assistant Professor (Surgical Oncology)||02|
|Specialist Grade III Assistant Professor (Public Health)||05|
|Specialist Grade III Assistant Professor (Social and Preventive Medicine or Community Medicine)||12|
|Specialist Grade III Assistant Professor (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation)||07|
|Specialist Grade III Assistant Professor (Radio Therapy)||07|
|Specialist Grade III Assistant Professor (Urology)||06|
|Lecturer (Medical Social Work)||01|
|Assistant Public Prosecutor||80|
|Data Processing Assistant||116|
UPSC Eligibility Criteria 2021
The eligibility criteria are different for each post. The applications of only eligible candidates are accepted. The requirements are mentioned below:
UPSC Educational Qualifications & Work Experience
The educational qualifications and the work experience criteria to be followed by the candidates at the time of application are mentioned below:
Junior Technical Officer
- Bachelor of Technology or Bachelor of Engineering in Oil Technology or bachelor’s degree in Science with Post Graduate Diploma in Sugar Technology from a recognized university/ institute.
- One year experience in Sugar Technology or edible oils in PSUs.
Assistant Director (Fishing Harbour)
- Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university/institute.
- Three years of experience in port of Harbour Engineering in Central or State Government or any PSU.
Specialist Grade III Assistant Professors
- MBBS degree from a recognized university/ institute. Post Graduate degree in the concerned specialty or super specialty.
- Three years teaching experience as Senior Resident/ Tutor/ Demonstrator/Lecturer/ Registrar/ Assistant Professor.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from a recognized university with specialization Medical and Psychiatric Social Work/ Family and Child Welfare or generic.
- Two years of work experience in social work assessments or related.
Assistant Public Prosecutor
- Degree in law from a recognized university/ institute. Three years experience at the bar.
Data Processing Assistant
- Master’s degree in Computer Applications/ Information Technology/ Computer Science from a recognized university/ institute.
UPSC Age Limit
The age criteria to be followed by candidates are as follows:
- The maximum age for the posts of Junior Technical Officer, Assistant Public Prosecutor, and Data Processing Assistant: 30 years
- The maximum age for the Specialist Grade III Assistant Professor posts: 40 years
- The maximum age for the Lecturer post: 35 years
- Age relaxation of upto five years is applicable for SC/ ST categories.
- Age relaxation of upto three years is applicable for OBC candidates.
There is an application fee to be remitted online at the time of applying. It is as follows:
- General/ OBC/ EWS (male candidates): Rs. 25/-
- There will be no application fees for SC/ ST/ PH/ Women candidates of any community.
- The fees can be paid through any branch of SBI or the net-banking facility.
- Applicants can also make the payment using Visa/Master credit or debit card.
UPSC Recruitment Selection Process 2021
Selected candidates will be appointed on probation. The candidate must be an Indian/ Nepalese/ Bhutan citizen to be eligible for applying. The selection rounds include:
- Recruitment Test
- Document Verification
UPSC Recruitment Application Procedure 2021
Candidates applying to UPSC’s latest vacancies must fulfill the essential qualifications to be considered for the further rounds. Candidates called for the interview should bring their application form print out along with all the relevant documents. The candidates are required to fill in all the details over and above the minimum qualifications.
Steps to Download UPSC Recruitment Application Form
Follow the steps below to download the application form for UPSC recruitment.
- Visit the official website www.upsc.gov.in.
- Click on “Recruitments.”
- Click on Online Recruitment Application (ORA) on the left side.
- Find the post you are applying to and click on “Apply Now” against it.
- Read the instructions carefully. If required, take a print of the same.
- Click on “Next” and read the conditions carefully.
- Click the checkbox and proceed.
- Fill in the details in the form and pay the application fee.
- Submit the form and take the print out for future references and interview.
UPSC Recruitment 2021 FAQs
Candidates have to bring the print out of their application form and self-attested documents that are relevant and were uploaded with the application form.
There will be an examination conducted as a part of the recruitment process. The test will be offline, and no mobile phones will be allowed.
The last date to apply is February 11, 2021.
Other Government Jobs
- ICSIL Recruitment
- IGM Hyderabad Recruitment
- IAF Recruitment
- FRI Recruitment
For information on government exams, visit the Sarkari exam page and get the latest notifications on UPSC through free job alerts.
The post UPSC Recruitment 2021 – Apply Online for 249 Vacancies appeared first on .