UPPSC PCS 2021:PDF Download Prelims & Mains Subject Wise Updated Syllabus
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission [in short UPPSC] has released the notification of recruitment of Provincial Civil Services[in short PCS] Grade A and Grade B Officers in the administration of Uttar Pradesh on 05 Feb 2021.
UPPSC had already announced the date of the PCS 2021 prelims exam it is scheduled to be held on Notified Soon4. So, aspirants, you need to prepare well to crack this exam.
Guy’s you know that the competitive exams get tougher nowadays., and clearing the exam like UPPSC PCS is not a simple task. But you can clear this exam if you work hard in the correct direction.
Dear aspirants for perfect preparation you must well know that “What to prepare” and “How to prepare” to perform best in this exam.
Thus, the first step to start preparation for any exam is to go through the syllabus and understand it’s exam pattern and then following it with an organized study plan.
All the candidates who are going to appear for the UPPSC Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services (Prelims, Mains) PCS 2021 Examination can check the study material provided on this page of WorldFreshers Result.
Here we have shared the UPPSC PCS exam syllabus as well as exam pattern on this page for the candidate’s easy reference.
You can also download UPPSC PCS (Prelims & Mains) exam syllabus PDF from here and can boost your preparation strategy to perform well in the UPPCS PCS 2021 written examination.
Candidates this post is going to be a little longer as we are providing you the detailed syllabus of all the sections of the UPPSC PCS exam, but you can jump to the section of your interest.
For your easy reference, we are providing the table of important contents in this post.
Table Of Contents|
Comprehensive Overview of UPPSC PCS 2021 Exam:
The Public Service Commission Board of Uttar Pradesh (UPPSC) conducts the online exam of Provincial Civil Services (PCS ) to fill various vacancies in the state administrative services. Every year lakhs of candidates appear for the PCS exam, so the difficulty level of the exam is quite tough and hence, applicants must give their 100% for the preparation of exam.
UPPSC PCS Prelims 2018 onwards, the PCS exam pattern has been a little bit changed. The PCS Exam syllabus for Mains 2018 was based on the new pattern. Also, UPPSC Pre 2021 and Mains will be as per the new PCS exam pattern.
In this article, we will provide the latest UPPSC syllabus and exam pattern for Prelims and Mains. Read the complete article so you don’t miss any information about upcoming UPPSC PCS 2021 exam
#Important Changes in UPPSC PCS exam:
- Arabic, Farsi, social work, defense, and agricultural engineering have been removed from the main examination, i.e earlier there were 33 subjects in the main examination, which will now be reduced to 28.
- Now in UP PCS Mains Examination, there will be only one optional subject instead of two, the only optional subject will consist of 02 papers, each carrying 200 marks.
- Furthermore, in UP PCS Main Examination there will be 20 questions asked in each of the 04 Papers of General Studies section.
- However, in UP PCS Mains Examination no changes have been made in the General Hindi and Essay section and weightage for interview session have also been kept the same that is 100 marks.
- In UP PCS Prelims exam negative marking of 0.33% is also introduced.
You can check the UP PCS Detailed Syllabus and Exam Pattern here in the below section.
UP PCS 2021| Exam Highlights
UPPSC has already released a notification for Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services PCS 2021 Exam and online application are invited for the exam from 16 October 2021.
UPPSC PCS exam date 2021 has already been announced with the official calendar. As per the calendar, the UPPSC PCS Pre exam will be conducted on 11 October 2021 while the UPPSC PCS Mains examination will be held from 22 January 2021. The exam will be conducted in online mode only.
|Conducting Organization||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Exam Name||Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services UP PCS|
|Exam Type||State Government Exam|
|Application Mode||Online: To Apply [Click Here]|
|Start Date Of Application||05 Feb 2021|
|Last Date Of Application||02 March 2021|
|PCS Prelims Exam Date||Notified Soon|
|PCS Mains Exam Date||Notified Soon|
|Download Notification||Available Soon|
UPPSC PCS Exam Selection Procedure
The competitive examination for the Combined State / Upper Subordinate Service PCS Exam 2021 & Assistant Conservator of Forest / Range Forest Officer Services Exam 2021 comprises of three successive stages viz:-
- Preliminary Examination [Objective Type & Multiple choice].
- Main Examination [Conventional Type, Written examination]
- Viva-Voice [Personality Test].
UPPSC PCS Syllabus & Exam Pattern in English
Dear candidates you can check here the UPPSC PCS Syllabus & Exam Pattern to make a perfect strategy for your exam preparation.
UPPSC PCS syllabus & exam pattern provide you the idea of difficulty level of exam and the type of question asked in the exam.
UPPSC will choose only deserving and talented candidates for its Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services post through the written exam.
So you have to improve your subject knowledge and skills to solve as many correct questions as you can in UPPSC PCS 2021 exam.
Now a day’s as competition increases every year so to clear this state level exam students must start the preparation with the solid study plan.
The important step to create a good study plan is to go thoroughly with the latest exam pattern and syllabus of the respective exam.
So in this article, we have provided the detailed syllabus & latest exam pattern for UPPSC PCS which will help you to boost your preparation strategy
UPPSC PCS 2021 || Exam Pattern
First of all, you must know the pattern & the marking scheme of the UPPSC PCS exam as stated earlier the exam is conducted in three stages namely, prelims, mains & personal interview.
Now, let’s see below what is the exam pattern of prelims, mains and viva-voice respectively.
UPPSC PCS 2021 || Prelims Exam Pattern
The Preliminary examination for the Combined State / Upper Subordinate Service Examination and Assistant Conservator of Forest / Range Forest Officer Services Examination will consist of two compulsory papers of General Studies.
- The Papers shall be 200 marks each and of two hours duration.
- Both the papers shall be objective Type in which there shall be 150-100 Questions Respectively.
- The timing of the paper I will be from 9.30 to 11.30 A.M. and Paper II From 2.30 to 4.30 P.M.
#Important Points to Note::
- Paper-II of the Preliminary Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- It is mandatory for the Candidates to appear in both the papers of the Preliminary Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he does not appear in both in papers.
- The merit of the Candidates will be determined on the basis of marks obtained in Paper-I of the Preliminary Examination.
UPPSC PCS 2021 || Mains Exam Pattern
The mains examination for the Combined State / Upper Subordinate Service will consist of the six compulsory and two optional papers.
The compulsory papers of the UPPSC PCS exam are General Hindi, Essay and General Studies. The list of optional subjects for the main examination which will consist of two papers is given below candidates have to select any one subject from this list.
Let’s have a look at the UPPSC PCS 2021 Mains Exam section wise marking scheme:
|1.||General Hindi||150 Marks|
|3.||General Studies [First Paper]||200 Marks|
|4.||General Studies [Second Paper]||200 Marks|
|5.||General Studies [Third Paper]||200 Marks|
|6.||General Studies [Fourth Paper]||200 Marks|
|7.||Optional I||200 Marks|
|8.||Optional II||200 Marks|
- Compulsory Subject Viz:- General Hindi, Essay and General Studies [First, Second, Third and Fourth Papers, Papers Shall be Conventional type and for solving the questions three hours time is allowed.
- For optional Question Papers, three hours of time is allowed, two hundred maximum marks have been allotted for each optional question paper.
#Important Points to Note::
- The timing of the examination paper is of 3 hours i.e. 09:30 am to 12:30 pm and 02:00 pm to 05:00 pm.
- A candidate shall be required to obtain such minimum marks in the compulsory paper of General Hindi, as may be determined by the Government or the Commission as the case may be.
- There shall be two sections in all the question papers of optional subject and each section will include four questions. Candidates are required to answer only five questions while they must select a minimum two questions from each section.
List of UPPSC PCS Mains Optional Subjects
A candidate will not be allowed to have more than one subject from the below subjects, there will be only 01 optional subject:
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Political Science & International Relations
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- English Lit.
- Urdu Lit.
- Hindi Lit.
- Sanskrit Lit.
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Public Administration
- Medical Science
UPPSC PCS Personality Test [Viva-Voice]
The weight age of the interview section of the UPPSC PCS examination is kept of 100 marks.
The test will relate to the matter of general interest keeping the matter of academic interest in view and for General Awareness, Intelligence, Character, Expression Power / Personality and General Suitability for the Service.
UPPSC PCS 2021 || Prelims Exam Syllabus
Paper-I [General Studies-I, Total Marks 200]
- Current events of national international importance.
- History of India and India National Movement.
- India and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the world.
- Indian Polity and governance – constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change-that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
Current Events of National and International Importance:- On current Events of National and International Importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
History of India & Indian National Movement:- In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social economic and political aspects of Indian History. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have a synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
India and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World:- In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to the physical, social & Economic Geography of India.
India Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.:- In India Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and the relationship between Population, Environment, and Urbanisation. General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change –that do not require subject specialization, General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
General Science:- Question on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
Candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
Paper- II [General Studies-II Total Marks 200]
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level-Arithmatic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- General English upto Class X Level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
Elementary Mathematics [Upto Class X Level]
General English Upto Class X Level
सामान्य हिन्दी हाईस्कूल स्तर तक के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किये जाने वाले विषय
UPPSC PCS 2021||Mains Exam Syllabus
Paper I – [सामान्य हिन्दी, Total Marks 150]
- दिये हुए गद्य खण्ड का अवबोध एवं प्रश्नोत्तर
- सरकारी एवं अर्धसरकारी पत्र लेखन, तार लेखन, कार्यालय आदेश, अधिसूचना,परिपत्र
- शब्द ज्ञान एवं प्रयोग
- उपसर्ग एवं प्रत्यय प्रयोग
- विलोम शब्द
- वाक्यांश के लिए एकशब्द
- वर्तनी एवं वाक्य शुद्धि
- लोकोक्ति एवं मुहावरे।
Paper II – [Essay, Total Marks 150]
#Note::There will be three sections in the question paper of Essay.
Candidates will have to select one topic from each section and they are required to write essay in 700 words on each topic. In the three sections, topics of essay will be based on the following sphere:
- Literature and Culture
- Social sphere
- Political sphere
- Science, Environment & Technology
- Economic Sphere
- Agriculture, Industry and Trade
- National and International Events.
- Natural Calamities Land slide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought etc.
- National Development programs and projects.
Paper III – [General Studies-I, Total Marks 200]
- History of Indian Culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian history [From A.D. 1757 to A.D. 1947]: Significant events, personalities and issues etc.
- The Freedom Struggle- Its various stages and important contributors / contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country [till 1965 A.D.]
- History of the world will include events from 18th century to middle of the 20th century such as French revolution of 1789, industrial revolution, World Wars, redraw of national boundaries, Socialism, Nazism, Fascism etc-their form and effect on the society.
- Salient features of Indian Society and culture.
- Role of Women in society and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Meaning of liberalization, privatization and globalization and their effects on economy, polity and social structure.
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- Distribution of major natural resources of world-water, Soils, Forests in reference to South and South-East Asia with special reference to India. Factors responsible for the location of industries [with special reference to India].
- Salient features of Physical Geography-Earthquake, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, Cyclone, Ocean Currents, winds and glaciers.
- Oceanic resources of India and their potential.
- Human migration-refugee problem of the World with focus on India.
- Frontiers and boundaries with reference to Indian sub-continent.
- Population and Settlements- Types and Patterns, Urbanization, Smart Cities and Smart Village.
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh – History, Culture, Art, Architecture, Festival, Folk-Dance, Literature, Regional Languages. Heritage, Social Customs and Tourisrn.
- Specific knowledge of U.P.- Geography- Human and Natural Resources, Climate, Soils, Forest, Wild-Life, Mines and Minerals, Sources of Irrigation.
Paper IV – [General Studies-II, Total Marks 200]
- Indian Constitution historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure, Role of Supreme Court in evolution of basic provisions of Constitution.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States: issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Role of Finance Commission in Centre-State financial relations.
- Separation of powers. Dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions. Emergence and use of alternative dispute redressal mechanisms.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other major democratic countries.
- Parliament and State legislatures- structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers and privileges and concerned issues.
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary: Ministries and Departments of the Government. Pressure groups and formal / informal associations and their role in the Polity. Public Interest Litigation[PIL].
- Salient features of the Reperesentation of People’s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, Powers, functions and their responsibilities.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies including NITI Aayog, their features and functioning.
- Government policies and interventions for developments in various sectors and issues arising out of their design, implementation and Information Communication Technology [ICT].
- Development processes- the role of Non Government Organizations [NGOs]. Self Help Groups [SHGs], various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes, mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector / Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger, their implication on body politic.
- Important aspects of governance. Transparency and accountability, e-governance applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential, citizens, charters and institutional measures.
- Role of Civil Services in a democracy in the context of emerging trends.
- India and its relationship with neighbouring Countries.
- Bilateral, Regional and Global groupings and agreements involving India and / affecting India’s interest.
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests-Indian diaspora.
- Important International Institutions, Agencies their structure, mandate and functioning.
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh regarding Political, Administrative, Revenue and Judicial System.
- Current affairs and events of Regional, State, National and International importance.
Paper V – [General Studies-III, Total Marks 200]
- Economic planning in India, Objectives and achievements. Role of NITI Aayog, Pursuit of Sustainable Development Goals[SDG’s].
- Issues of Poverty, Unemployment, Social justice and inclusive growth.
- Components of Government Budgets and Financial System.
- Major Crops, Different types of irrigation and irrigation systems, storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce, e-technology in the aid of farmers.
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices. Public Distribution System, objectives, functioning, Limitations, revamping[ issues of buffer stocks and food security. Technology missions in agriculture.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India since independence.
- Effects of liberalization and globalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
- Science and Technology-developments and applications in everyday life and in National Security. India’s Science and Technology policy.
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology, indigenization of technology. Developments of New technologies. Transfer of technology, dual and critical use technologies.
- Awareness in the fields of information and Communication Technology, Computers, Energy resources, nano-technology, microbiology, bio-technology. Issues relating to intellectual property rights [IPR], and digital rights.
- Environmental security and Ecosystems. Conservation of wild life. Biodiversity, Environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment.
- Disaster as a Non-traditional security and safety challenge, disaster mitigation and management.
- Challenges of International Security: Issues of Nuclear proliferation, Causes and spread of extremism, Communication networks, role of media and social networking, Basics of cyber security, money laundering and human trafficking.
- India’s internal security challenges: Terrorism, corruption, insurgency and organized crimes.
- Role Kind and mandate of security forces, Higher defense organizations in India.
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh Economy:
- Overview of UP Economy: State Budgets, Importance of Agriculture, Industry, Infrastructure and physical resources. Human Resources and Skill development, Government Programmes and Welfare Schemes.
- Issues in Agriculture, Horiculture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry.
- Law and Order and Civil Defence with Special reference to U.P.
Paper VI – [General Studies-IV, Total Marks 200]
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human action, dimensions of ethics, ethics in private and public relationships. Human Values-lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators, role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: Content, structure, function, its influence and relation with thoughts and behavior. Moral and political attitudes, social influence and persuasion.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public services, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
- Emotional Intelligence- concept and dimensions, its utility and application in administration and governance.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
- Public / Civil Service values and ethics in Public Administration: status and problems, ethical Administration: status and problems, ethical concerns and dilemmas as sources of ethical guidance, accountability and ethical governance, strengthening of moral values in governance, ethical issues in international relations and funding, corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: concept of public service, philosophical basis of governance and probity, information sharing and transparency in government. Right to information, codes of ethics, codes of conduct, citizen’s charter, work culture, quality of service delivery.
- Case studies on above issues.
The post UP PCS 2021 : PDF Download Prelims & Mains Subject Wise Updated Syllabus appeared first on WorldFreshers Result.