Key Result Areas :
- Provide real-time technical service and solutions at Customer end on products supplied from all plants (Flat and Long Products) across segments like Automotive, Non- Automotive and Retail segments
- Must be able to do analysis, respond to customer need and provide innovative solutions to common problems and new requirements,
- Perform Trail at customers end, application tests and provide inputs to plant through reviews to ensure products are satisfactory.
- Respond to the enquiry, finalise technical delivery conditions (TDC) in line with customer specifications, based on applications and plant capability.
- In order to design and re-design effective applications, Application Engineers must acquire and analyze customer needs and problems, making recommendations to the engineering team to satisfy needs and develop solutions.
- Address product concerns and complaints.
- Performance monitoring and benchmarking with the competition.
- Provide Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) against customer Complaints.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Initiate Product Development & Approval at target Customers, drive and monitor till commericialization..
- Listen, understand and provide a solution for customer requirements.
- Perform technical/ product training for salespeople, fabricators, consultants and engineers at target segments.
- Assist in the design and development of new products and grades necessary to make plant (PDQC) comfortable.
- Regular Interaction with plant technical team through meetings at plants(once in a month). Travel to plants to perform start-up, integration, and training services.
- Resolve customer issues or complaints, as per Company’s target SLA/timelines through field investigation, analysis and customer units to plant QA/PDQC Dept and ensure non-recurrence.
- Maintain professional business relationships through regular interactions.
- Identify customer’s needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
- Need-based Solutions.
- Confirm products as per specifications/stated needs.
- Complaint acceptance (as per DOP)
- Customer Queries
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- BE (Metallurgy/Mechanical)
- 0-2yrs of work experience as QA/QC/Operations in Steel plant.
- Having relevant metallurgical/product knowledge (Steel mill process)
- Collaborating across the interdisciplinary team
- Statistical and mathematical skills for analysis
- Application knowledge (Customer process)
- Communications skills (both written & verbal)
Company Name: JSW Steel Ltd
Work Location: Maharashtra, IN
Position Name: Application Engineer
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech
JSW Steel Ltd Off Campus Drive Hiring: Over the last 35 years, we have partnered the country in its journey to self-reliance, by embracing sustainability, adopting cutting-edge technology and having innovation and R&D initiatives at the heart of our culture. From humble beginnings with a single plant in 1982, we are now India’s leading manufacturer of value-added and high-end steels. Our plants in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra have a total capacity of 18 million tons per annum (MTPA), and we are scaling up existing plants and opening new ones to take that figure to 40 MTPA. Globally, we own a plate and pipe mill in the US, and mining assets in the US, Chile and Mozambique.