Job Description: Microsoft Research India is looking for a Research Software Development Engineer at its center for Societal impact through Cloud and Artificial Intelligence (SCAI). SCAI focuses on creating, nurturing and deploying technologies that will have large scale impact on society. We are looking for application developers with experience in full-stack development and with a passion for deploying solutions at scale. Ideal candidates must also be passionate about building technological solutions to address real-world challenges in the areas such as healthcare, agriculture, accessibility and financial inclusion. The candidate should be comfortable with new technologies and changing requirements and should play different roles in the project as the need arises. The candidate will be closely working with researchers and engineers and delivering on our vision through a series of well executed releases. The position will require field work some field work for requirement analysis and testing.
Responsibilities: We are looking for an engineer with proven skills to deliver on the ambitious goals of large scale societal impact.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong technical skills involving design and coding
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Hands on experience architecting and implementing large scale, complex systems
- Strong programming skills in one or more of the programming languages – C#, Java, Python, C++
- Hands on experience with practical verification and testing tools
- Experience of at least one full project life cycle
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in software development
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with web development – Frontend and Backend technologies.
- Experience in using and integrating Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools for development and deployments.
- Familiarity with Android development preferably using SDK/NDK.
- Knowledge of agile or iterative Software Development Life Cycle
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech
Job Profile: Research SDE
Work Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
About the Company: Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.