In this role, you will engage deeply in maintaining core features of the Pega platform which runs thousands of CRM and DPA applications around the world. Understand how Pega platform allows applications to be built for change. Deep dive into data modelling and declarative aspects of the Pega platform. Experience working with both monolithic and modularized code, giving you a unique opportunity to compare both worlds at one place. Follows best practices to build clean and maintainable code. Work with and learn from great mentors who will guide you to grow to the next level in your career.
- You will start by learning about the Pega platform and use it to rapidly build an application
- Learn to use team owned features in detail, which include data model, memory model, declarative programming paradigm, assembled rule cache
- Understand the design and implementation of team owned features
- Own quality and maintenance of team owned features
- Actively collaborate with Product owner & team members to come up with backward compatible and focused solutions for issues reported by customers
- Write automated tests for code changes made to fix issues
- Do root cause analysis for high severity issues
- Apply best practices and guidelines shared by quality services organization (consists of experts in quality assurance area) to improve the quality of software
- Have fun with team at lunch, recreational area, quarterly outings, box cricket, 10k runs
- Use various tools, languages and libraries like Git, Gradle, Docker, Jenkins, IntelliJ, Linux, Java, JUnit, JGiven, Groovy, Spock, cloud technologies
You are a skilled software engineer, who can explore, understand and debug complex Java code quickly. You enjoy solving problems, you can quickly assess them, find the root cause and provide innovative solutions to fix them. You take quality seriously and write automated tests for all code you write. You are an enthusiast for Java, JVM, best practices for building software. You are a good team player who puts the team first and can collaborate well with other team members. You are a voracious learner. You are pro-active to take work and to explore new areas.
- 2 – 4 years of software development/maintenance experience, preferably in a product development company
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or similar field
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and design, continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Agile/Scrum development methodology knowledge/experience
- Experience using the following: Java, JUnit, IntelliJ/Eclipse, Jenkins, Linux
- Developed/maintained and tested functional, robust, resilient and scalable software built using Java
- Worked with internal/external customers, product owners to understand problems and provide solutions
About Pega: Pega is changing the way the world builds software. Pega is a leader in CRM software space, our goal is to be the #1 CRM SaaS provider in the world. Our team consists of top-notch engineers who are highly motivated, self-driven, have a strong sense of ownership and passionate about customer success. We strive for excellence and embrace agile methodologies to achieve it. Pega lets us be independent and creative in the way we build software, we return this trust by being accountable for the software we build.
Job Profile: Software Engineer
Job Category: Product Management
Work Location: India – Telangana – Hyderabad
Exp Needed: 2+ yrs
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech
To apply for this job please visit www.pega.com.