Position Description: GTT (Group Truck Technology), CAB Bangalore is looking for an energetic and skilled candidate to work in the Truck CAB Exterior area. If you are looking for opportunities to work across different culture and various global products and be part of the latest trends and technology, this is the right opportunity for you. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers.
Job Summary: The candidate for this position will provide Design solutions in small or major design project as a Design engineer and should be able to work independently on Truck Exterior module. The candidate will coordinate and perform complex Engineering tasks under minimal supervision, supporting the mission of the group, department and/or Volvo GTT.
- Ownership of complete QDCF (Quality, Delivery, Cost & Feature) in deliverables
- Show a willingness to communicate directly both within the cross-functional team and with a supplier in the development of design concepts
- Plan as necessary for fulfilling the highlighted tasks
- Show interest in learning of Engineering process & method documents (TR, guidelines, rules etc.)
- Support packaging engineers in packaging and installation tasks (e.g. technical reports, packaging investigations, DMU utilization)
- BE/B-Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience from 1yrs to 3yrs of applicable automotive experience
- Awareness of Plastics parts design and manufacturing process (Injection Modeling, Metal Forming)
- Good team player proactive in discussing with a cross-functional team
- Good CAD Modeling knowledge – CATIA V5 mandatory
- Quality Tools exposure, MFG Process knowledge awareness
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
Job Profile: Associate Engineer – CAB Exteriors
Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech
Exp Needed: 1 – 3 years
Work Location: Bangalore
Volvo Freshers Recruitment 2020: The Volvo Group is a Swedish multinational manufacturing company headquartered in Gothenburg. While its core activity is the production, distribution and sale of trucks, buses and construction equipment, Volvo also supplies marine and industrial drive systems and financial services.