Capgemini SE is a French multinational corporation that provides consulting, technology, professional, and outsourcing services. It is headquartered in Paris, France. Capgemini has over 200,000 employees in over 40 countries, of whom nearly 100,000 are in India.
We will be providing Capgemini placement papers, exam pattern, syllabus and eligibility information on this page.
- Capgemini Placement Papers and Test Papers
- Capgemini Exam Pattern
- Capgemini Syllabus and Eligibility Criteria
- Capgemini Selection Procedure
- Capgemini Interview Process
|Sections||No. of questions||Time allotted ( in mins)|
|Pseudo Code Round||20||30|
- There is no negative marking.
- Overall the cut- off of the exam is high.
- Aptitude section checks the quantitative and logical reasoning skills of the candidates. Questions are based on topics such as Time & Speed, Data Interpretation, Number System, Ratio and Proportion, Series, Patterns, Syllogisms, and blood relations directions. In general, the section’s difficulty level varies from moderate to difficult.
- Essay writing section contains a word limit of 300 – 500 words.
- Pseudo Code section checks the basic knowledge about programming language of the candidates. It consists of questions mainly from Data Structure, C/ C++, and Digital and Logic.
1. Written Exam
2. Group Discussion (GD)
3. Interview (Technical & HR both)
The candidate needs to clear the written test first, in order to go further in the selection procedure.
Level of Examination in Capgemini
Test pattern and Syllabus are two important things that the candidate should understand before appearing in the Examination. Clarification of the concepts helps in cracking the examination (Witten or Online) with ease.
There is no negative marking in the Examination. The overall level of the paper will not be very high.
Duration: The duration of the paper Capgemini exam will be of 110 minutes.
No. of Questions: 53 questions.
The written test consists of four sections:
- Quantitative Aptitude having 16 questions for 25 minutes.
- Logical Reasoning having 16 questions for 25 minutes.
- Essay writing having 1 question for 30 minutes.
- Pseudo Code Round having 20 questions for 30 minutes.
Marking Scheme: As per company rules. No Negative marking.
- Written Exam
- Group Discussion
- Capgemini Interview Process
- 60 percent in Class X, XII and Graduation.
- Education gap of not more than one year.
- Technical interview
Questions related to specific technical fields are asked in this round. Questions may be based on specific knowledge about the company’s technical activities; understanding of the technical work required to be completed as part of the job applied for or may enquire candidates to solve actual technical problems that they would be likely to face if employed.
- HR Interview
Final step to select a candidate as an employee is Interview as it helps to determine a candidate’s personality. Questions can be of wide range starting from your introduction, Qualification, Experience, Industry specific experience, Courses done, your strengths and weaknesses, salary expectations, friends, family etc.
Total consists of 3 rounds.
1) Written test
3) Technical/HR interview
So come first on aptitude. There are 2 set but questions are nearly same.
1. Fresh Grapes contain 90% water by wt. Dried grapes contain 20% water by %age. What will be wt of dried grapes when we begin with 20 kg fresh grapes?
2. How many 5 digit no. can be formed wit digits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 which are divisible by 4 and digits not repeated
3. There is a rectangular Garden whose length and width are 60m X 20m. There is a walk way of uniform width around garden. Area of walkway is 516m^2. Find width of walkway
a)1 b)2 c)3 d)4
Answer. C 4.If 1= (3/4)(1+ (y/x) ) then
a)x=3y b) x=y/3 c) x=(2/3)y d) none
5. The sum of six consecutive odd nos. is 888. What is the average of the nos.?
a)147 b)148 c)149 d) 146
6. 1,27,125,?,729,1331 find missing number.
7. Find approx value of 39.987/0.8102+1.987*18.02
a)72 b)56 c)86 d)44
8. Asish was given Rs. 158 in denominations of Rs 1 each. He distributes these in diff bags, such that ne sum of money of denomination betn 1 and 158 can be given in bags. The min no. of such bags reqd
a)10 b)17 c)15 d) none
Solution is 8.
9. If a certain sum of money at SI doubles itself in 5 years then what is the rate?
a)5% b) 10% c)25% d)20% Ans: D
10. A man engaged a servant on a condition that hell pay Rs 90 and also give him a bag at the end of the year. He served for 9 months and was given a turban and Rs 65. So the price of turban is ?
i)Rs 10 II) Rs 19 iii)Rs 0 iv)Rs 55
Ans: A (after taking bag’s price and turban price same, question is not perfect.)
11. The sum of six consecutive odd nos. is 888. What is the average of the nos.?
i. 147 ii. 148 iii. 149 iv. 146
12. In a race from pt. X to pt Y and back, Jack averages 30miles/hr to pt Y and 10 miles/hr back to pr X.Sandy averages 20 miles/hr in both directions. If Jack and Sandy start race at same tym, wholl finish 1st ?
Jack/Sandy/they tie/Impossible to tell
Ans: they tie
13. 2 men at same tym start walking towards each other from A n B 72 kms apart. sp of A is 4kmph.Sp of B is 2 kmph in 1st hr,2.5 in 2nd, 3 in rd. n so on
when will they meet
i. in 7 hrs ii. at 35 kms from A iii. in 10 hrs iv. midway Ans: D
14. If the ratio of prod of 3 diff comps A B & C is 4:7:5 and of overall prod last year was 4lac tones and if each comp had an increase of 20% in prod level this yr what is the prod of Comp B this year?
i. 2.1L ii. 22.1L iii. 4.1L iv. none
15. If 70% of a no. is subtracted from itself it reduces to 81.what is two fifth of that no.?
16. If radius of cylinder and sphere are same and vol of sphere and cylinder are same what is the ratio between the radius and height of the cylinder
i. R= H ii. R= (3/4)H iii. R = (4/3)H iv. R=2/3H
17. Which one of the foll fractions is arranged in ascending order
i. 8 ii. 6 iii. 4 iv. none
19. Units digit in expansion os 2 raised to 51 is:
20. Three wheels make 36, 24, 60 rev/min. Each has a black mark on it. It is aligned at the start of the qn. When does it align again for the first time?
Ans 6 sec not in option
21. Some question on area which are in hectare and some values are in kilometer so firstly know conversion of km^2. Hectare
22. In a Triangle ABC , AD is perpendicular to BC ,BD is 15m,and angle B is 30 degree, find AC?
Ans: 5(closest option)
24. 3,7,11,………………….,407. find 20th term from last.
25. One question on share. Hey friends solve quest on share and dividend it will be better
Direction for Questions 1-4
An employee has to allocate offices to 6 staff members. The offices are no. 1-6. the offices are arranged in a row and they are separated from each other by dividers (hence voices, sounds and cigarette smoke flow easily from one office to another)
Miss R needs to use the telephone quite often throughout the day. Mr. M and Mr. B need adjacent offices as they need to consult each other often while working. Miss H is a senior employee and his to be allotted the office no. 5, having the biggest window. Mr. D requires silence in office next to his. Mr. T, Mr. M and Mr. D are all smokers. Miss H finds tobacco smoke allergic and consecutively the offices next to hers are occupied by non-smokers. Unless specifically stated all the employees maintain an atmosphere of silence during office hours.
Solution: Arrangements= D T M B H R.
1. The ideal candidate to occupy office farthest from Mr. B will be
i. Miss H ii. Mr. M iii. Mr. T iv. Mr. D
2. The three employees who are smokers should be seated in the offices
i. 1 2 4 ii. 2 3 6 iii. 1 2 3 iv. 1 2 3
3. The ideal office for Mr. M would be
i. 2 ii. 6 iii. 1 iv. 3
4. In the event of what occurrence within a period of one month since the assignment of the offices would a request for a change in office be put forth by one or more employees?
i. Mr D quitting smoking
ii. Mr. T taking over duties formally taken care of by Miss R
iii. The installation of a water cooler in Miss Hs office
iv. Mr. B suffering from anemia
Ans: D(as already on this site)
Direction for Questions 5-7
Ten coins are distr. Among 4 people P, Q, R, S such that one of them gets a coin, another gets 2 coins,3rd gets 3 coins, and 4th gets 4 coins. It is known that Q gets more coins than P, and S gets fewer coins than R
5. If the no. of coins distr. To Q is twice the no. distr. to P then which one of the following. is necessarily true?
i. R gets even no. of coins
ii. R gets odd no. of coins
iii. S gets even no. of coins
iv. S gets odd no. of coins
6. If R gets at least two more coins than S which one of the following is necessarily true?
i. Q gets at least 2 more coins than S
ii. Q gets more coins than P
iii. P gets more coins than S
iv. P and Q together get at least five coins
7. If Q gets fewer coins than R, then which one of the following is not necessarily true?
i. P and Q together get at least 4 coins
ii. Q and S together get at least 4 coins
iii.R and S together get at least 5 coins
iv.P and R together get at least 5 coins
Direction for Questions 8-9
Elle is 3 times older than Zaheer. Zaheer is ½ as old as Waheeda. Yogesh is elder than Zaheer.
8. What is sufficient to estimate Elles age?
i. Zaheer is 10 yrs old
ii. Yogesh and Waheeda are both older than Zaheer by the same no of yrs.
iii. Both of the above
iv. None of the above
9. Which one of the following statements can be inferred from the info above
i. Yogesh is elder than Waheeda
ii. Elle is older than Waheeda
iii. Elles age may be less than that of Waheeda
iv. None of the above
Questions 10-11 are based on situations given below:
7 Uni crick players are to be honored at a special luncheon. The players will be seated on a dais along one side of a single rectangular table.
A and G have to leave the luncheon early and must be seated at the extreme right end of table, which is closest to exit.
B will receive Man of the Match and must be in the centre chair
C and D who are bitter rivals for the position of Wicket keeper dislike one another and should be seated as far apart as possible
E and F are best friends and want to seat together.
10. Which of the foll may not be seated at either end of the table?
i. C ii. D iii. G iv. F
11. Which of the foll pairs may not be seated together?
i. E & A ii. B & D iii. C & F iv. G & D
Direction for Questions 12-13
A robot moves on a graph sheet with x-y axes. The robot is moved by feeding it with a sequence of instructions. The different instructions that can be used in moving it, and their meanings are:
GOTO(x,y) move to pt with co-ord (x,y) no matter where u are currently
WALKX(P) move parallel to x-axis through a distance of p, in the +ve direction if p is +ve and in ve if p is ve
WALKY(P) move parallel to y-axis through a distance of p, in the +ve direction if p is +ve and in ve if p is ve
12. The robot reaches point (5,6) when a sequence of 3 instr. Is executed, the first of which is GOTO(x,y) , WALKX(2), WALKY(4). What are the values of x and y??
i. 2,4 ii. 0,0 iii. 3,2 iv. 2,3
13. The robot is initially at (x.y), x>0 and y<0. The min no. of Instructions needed to be executed to bring it to origin (0,0) if you are prohibited from using GOTO instr. Is:
i. 2 ii. 1 ii. x + y iv. 0
Direction for Questions 14-17 Question are simple
Suppose X*Y : X is father of Y and more like this, you have 2 find relation for Z is grand father of X
Direction for Questions 18-24.
Ans A using I only
Ans B using II only
Ans C using both I and II
Ans D not solvable
18. Raman and Gaurav Brought eggs from a vendor. How many eggs were bought by each of them
i. Raman bought half as many as Gaurav
ii. The dealer had a stock of 500 eggs at the beginning of day
19. What is the age of Ramprakash?
i. Ramprakash was born when his father was 26 yrs old
ii. Ramprakashs mothers age is 3yrs less than his fathers
20. How much time is reqd for downloading the software?
i. The Data transfer rate is 6 kbps
ii. The size of the software is 4.5 megabytes
21. Sanjay and Vijay started their journey from Mumbai to Pune. Who reached Pune first?
i. Sanjay overtakes two times Vijay and Vijay overtakes Sanjay two times
ii. Sanjay started first
22. A boat can ferry 1500 passengers across a river in 12 hrs. How many round trips does it make during the journey?
i. The boat can carry 400 passengers at a time
ii. During its journey, the boat takes 40 mins time each way and 20 mins waiting time at each end.
23. What are the values of m and n?
i. n is an even integer, m is odd integer and m is greater than n.
ii. The product of m and n is 30
24. How much is the weight of 20 mangoes and 30 oranges?
i. 1 orange weighs twice that of 1 mango
ii. 2 mangoes and 3 oranges weigh 2 kg
25. Is the GDP of country X higher than Country Y?
i. GDPs of X and Y has been increasing at a compounded annual growth rate of 5% and 6% over he past 5 years
ii. 5 years ago GDP of X was 1.2 times Y
Capgemini Placement Papers – Quantitative Aptitude
1) The average salary of 3 teachers is 95 Rs. per week. If one earns Rs.115 and second earns Rs.65 how much is the salary of the 3rd teacher. [Average][Capgemini 2017]
2) A 16 stored apartment has 12000 sq.feet on each floor. Company A rents 7 floors and company B rents 4 floors. What is the number of sq.feet of unrented floor space. [Numbers] [Capgemini 2018]
3) During a given week a person spends 1/4 of his time preparing flow chart, 3/8 of his time coding and the rest of the time in debugging the programs. If he works 48 hours during the week , how many hours did he spend debugging the program?
4) If 12 file cabinets require 18 feet of wall space, how many feet of wall space will 30 cabinets require?
5) A computer printer produced 176,400 lines in a given day. If the printer was in operation for seven hours during the day, how many lines did it print per minute?
6) From its total income, a sales company spent Rs.20,000 for advertising, half of the remainder on commissions and had Rs.6000 left. What was its total income? [Equations] [Capgemini 2016]
Capgemini Aptitude Questions
A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, Capgemini is estimated to have over 200,000 employees with 100,000 in India itself. The Group reported global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion in the year 2016. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology, and digital solutions that fit the people’s needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. Learn more about the Capgemini profile & key figures here.
The selection process of Capgemini Recruitment consists of 3 rounds:
- Written Round
- Group Discussion Round
- Technical and HR Round
Capgemini Written Exam consists of 3 sections – Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Verbal Ability. The Capgemini Campus Recruitment Process is a four-round process and it tests your qualification befitting the job. Below are few practice questions on aptitude test based on previous Capgemini placement papers. Read on to find out the rigor and subject topics of the questions generally expected in Capgemini placement papers for freshers.
Capgemini Aptitude Sample Question 1: The average marks of three students A, B & C is 50. When another student D joins the group, the new average becomes 45. If another student E who has scored 6 marks more than D joins the group, the average of the four students B, C, D & E becomes 50 marks. How many marks did A score in the exam?
Since the average marks of A, B & C is 50
=> A+B+C = 50×3=150 ————————— (I)
New average marks including D is 45
=> A+B+C+D= 45×4= 180 ————————(II)
From the above equations, we get D=30
So, E =36
Since, the average of 4 students B, C, D & E is 50
=> B+C+D+E= 50×4= 200
Hence, we get,
From Equation (I), A=16
Capgemini Aptitude Practice Question 2: A computer prints 24960 lines in a day. If the computer works for 8 hours in the day, how many lines does it print in a minute?
Number of minutes in 8 hours=8×60=480
Number of lines printed in a minute=24960/480=52
Capgemini Aptitude Sample Question 3: A tie-breaker happens is an additional contest/game time to decide the winner between two parties (A & B) when both of them stood on equal scoring at the end of a match/ game. Which of the following is the best example of a tie-breaker?
a) The referee has tossed a coin to see who is going to have the ball first.
b) Team A and B each have finished with 20 points and are now battling out in a five-minute over time.
c) Raman and Rajath have each scored 5 goals in the game at half-time, the score is tied at 57.
Answer/ Explanation: (b)
Capgemini Aptitude Sample Question 4: What is the next letter in the series B, E, H, K, N, __ ?
Answer/ Explanation: (c)
B + 3 = E
E + 3 = H
Hence, N + 3 = Q
Capgemini Aptitude Sample Question 5: Find the incorrect phrase:
The fact of me being an attorney does not excuse me from my conduct.
a)The fact of me
b) being an attorney
c) does not excuse
d) me from my conduct
e) No correction required
Answer/ Explanation: (c) The fact of me
The sentence should be rewritten as ‘the fact that I am an attorney’
Capgemini Placement Papers – Logical Reasoning
Here are few sample logical reasoning questions asked in the Capgemini placement papers
1) Data Arrangements: The only people to attend a conference were four ship captains and the first mates of three of those captains. The captains were L, M, N and O; the first mates were A, D and G Each person in turn delivered a report to the assembly as follows: Each of the first mates delivered their report exactly after his or her captain. The first captain to speak was M, and captain N spoke after him.[Capgemini 2017]
Among the following which is not an appropriate order of delivered reports?
a) M, A, N, G, O, L, D
b) M, D, N, G, L, O, A
c) M, N, A, L, D, O, G
d) M, N, A, O, D, L, G
e) M, N, G, D, O, L, A
2) In case L speaks after A, and A is the third of the first mates to speak, then among the following statements which would be untrue?
a) spoke immediately after G.
b) The order of the first four speakers was M, G, N, D.
c) O’s first mate was present.
d) A was the fourth speaker after M.
e) The captains spoke in the order M, N, O, L.
3) Among the following statements which statement must be true?
a) In case the second speaker was a captain, the seventh speaker was a first mate.
b) In case the second speaker was a first mate, the seventh speaker was a captain.
c) In case the third speaker was a first mate, the seventh speaker was a captain.
d) In case the third speaker was a captain, the seventh speaker was a first mate.
e) In case the seventh speaker was a first mate, the first and third speakers were captains.
Statements: [Capgemini 2017]
No door is dog.
All the dogs are cats.
1) No door is cat.
2) No cat is door.
3) Some cats are dogs
4) All the cats are dogs.
a) Only (2) and (4)
b) Only (1) and (3)
c) Only (3) and (4)
d) Only (3)
e) All the four
Capgemini Placement Papers – Essay Writing
Here are few essay writing topics which have been asked in the Capgemini off campus drives
1) Social media has made it easier to misuse one’s right to freedom of expression.
2) Violent video games affect children negatively.
3) Success comes to those who take risks.
4) People today are more materialistic and less satisfied as compared to previous generations.
5) Do you think progress is always good? Cite examples to support your view.
Capgemini Placement Papers – Pseudo Code MCQ’s
1) What is the time complexity of searching for an element in a circular linked list?
d) None of the mentioned
Ans: Option A
2) In the worst case, the number of comparisons needed to search a singly linked list of length n for a given element is
a) log 2 n
c) log 2 n – 1
Ans: Option D
3) What will be the output if limit = 6?
Read limit n1 = 0, n2= 1, n3=1, count = 1; while count <= limit count=count+1 print n3 n3 = n1 + n2 n1 = n2 n2 = n3 End While
Ans: Option A